Quote Originally Posted by polar x
I was looking at 2 sprint races ONLY, no practice due to the fact that some clubs offer full day practice, some half, some are trackday affiliates so it can not be compared apples to apples.

2 RACES 3 RACES

SMRI $100 $140

AFM* $125/140 $175/200

CCS SW $160 $210

WERA
sport $130 $180

WERA $150 $210
national

MRA $150 $170

These are the number I came up with, how you got yours I am unsure. I did not want to register with MOM to get thiers.
Seems to me that we are right in the ballpark - and since ours includes practice now (both days) we're actually the better value - even with the increase.

Note too that you didn't take gate fees into account. You can't selectively include or exclude costs associated with the weekend to come up with numbers that favor your case. Especially since this whole thread started about practice fees - they need to be included.

The MRA fee structure definitely favors people who race more races. Because we are a "fixed expense" club (essentially same cost to put the day on whether 10 or 200 people show up) we have higher rates for the first race - to be sure at least our base expenses are covered. After that, our cost per race goes down considerably. If anyone is bored to death, they should figure our 4 and 5 races entered too - and I think you'll see that we are by far the least expensive.

What does it cost to enter the facility, practice, and race for the weekend? That's apples to apples. And racing with the MRA is a heck of a deal!