Thread: MRA to visit ROAD AMERICA July 4th! Join us for a hell of a trip!'

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Member Expert

Cool MRA to visit ROAD AMERICA July 4th! Join us for a hell of a trip!'

I WILL UPDATE THIS POST AS MORE IS ADDED!

Hey MRA Folks!

I thought I would post this up in advance to maybe to get some excitement and interest. I know our own season has not fired off quite yet, but I’d like to throw this out there well in advance. There are a few of us that are going to be heading out to Road America on July 4th to go race with CCS. Currently we have 5 of us, and 4 trailer spots confirmed and reserved(maybe 5 if I bring two bikes). We are extending the offer to invite any trustworthy MRA folks to join. We would like to see a big turnout of the MRA crew out there. I feel the MRA is a fairly fast club in general, and would like to go disrupt some point structures in other states. Fellow CCS members are well aware we are coming. We will have room for about 16 motorcycles and “gear”(not your entire enclosed trailer worth of stuff) between an enclosed trailer and toyhauler. I’m going to put it out there as an invite to other members of the MRA to join. Fuel will be split equally between all, and I’ll even post receipts after the event if anyone is concerned. If you know us, we are trustworthy people, and if you don’t I understand your concern. We are trying to make it efficient as possible! Our plan is to get bikes shipped roundtrip for a little over a 100 bucks a bike, if we can fill up completely. If you bring two bikes you pay for two spots, not one. Logistically this will be a big undertaking of planning for us so we are trying to get the ball rolling.

I’m hoping this will ignite a good time with a group of MRA folks out there. This is not only for experts or novices only trip, this is extended to everyone interested in racing out there, even if you are just wanting to do a trackday beforehand. I know some have been to Vegas or Chuckwalla out of state, but this is an opportunity to go race at an old school world class track that has character and wasn’t designed on a computer screen. Simply it’s a track with attitude, and for us, a once in a lifetime experience. It will not interfere with the MRA event, and is the weekend following the PP hillclimb.

I’m getting close to wrapping it up with racing in the next few years, and figured I’d really like to experience a bit of everything at other tracks throughout the US on top of the kick ass MRA. Hopefully there are a couple others who would like to join us for RA. One thing I do want to warn for, if you are considering wanting to go, do not say you are committed, and then back out. Please only commit if you are all in. I dealt with this before when a group of 11 were headed to Laguna, turned into a group of 4 the weekend before, and the day we left the other two flew out. It makes it hard and very expensive on those who do commit.

So here is what we have planned for the event. I am planning on taking off the 1st or 2nd for RA, and Brian Moore may be headed out early the 3rd with his toyhauler. These exact dates may change but I would like to relax and sleep well the day before the weekend. We will have your bikes there in plenty of time to hit the Friday trackday, and depending on Thursday I will have pits setup on Thursday, since I believe there is a Thursday trackday as well. Bikes and gear will never go unattended. I will be driving out with my wife, couple of .45s, and a killer German Shepard fluff-ball of a dog, but unfortunately do not have an extra seats. However if someone wants to switch up with a RELIABLE truck with a king cab and goose capability truck, then this may change, but as of now we have not even considered it. Brian will have a 4 door, mine is a standard cab that is spoken for. After the event, we will head out and do our best of making it home in a straight shot depending on the end of the day. Either way, if we stop on the road, we will sleep in the trailer with the killer fluffball on guard.

Regarding bike and gear pickup, I will not be driving around the state to do so. We can do this at a central location, or bring it over to my place. I’d like to load the trailer at once, and not over a ton of days, simply due to liability of others prized possessions. Motorcycle stand/chuck will not be provided in trailer… FYI you gotta pull yours out of your trailer before hand. I may have a spare r1 strapless stand if I decide against a second bike.

If anyone else wants to drive out you are more than welcome to join us, simply trying to make it more cost efficient for all. Go figure diesel for 2200 miles round trip towing a trailer, it will likely cost more than the entire race weekend.

All this being said, this is using our vacation time this year. So we are going no matter what. Hope you can join.

1. You can buy a license outright and be a member for the year. I believe this is $150. You can wait until June when the licenses are prorated to $90. You will still be a member and can attend any CCS event. You can buy a single event license for $50 but it is only available at the track when we get there.

2. 2014 Entry fees…http://www.ccsracing.us/faq/classfaqs.html
    2014 ENTRY FEES * PRE
    ENTRY
    CCS 1st entry $80 $85
    CCS 2nd & Add'l $55 $60
    ASRA $95 $100
    Team Challenge $175 $200
    USGPRU $95 $100
    Practice** $125 $150

3. Race Registration is similar to ours. Now the cool part for us is event gridding goes by registration date, not points structure. So for us out of towners this is bad ass, and am happy we do not do our this way. For all I know if you crack open your computer on opening second of registration day, then you may end up on pole. I may be incorrect but this has been resonated by fellow CCS members. Someone please correct me if I’m wrong.

4. Friday practice will be ran through sportbike trackdays…$250 for theday

5. Facebook event page https://www.facebook.com/events/5360...nt_mall_reply\

6. If racing you will have to rent a special CCS transponder for the weekend…yes I know its ridiculous: http://www.ccsracing.us/timingandscoring.html
    Last edited by NossLou; February 17th, 2014 at 08:59 AM.
    Lifetime novice.... #969

l ______
    /l ,[____],
    l---L -[]lllllll[]-
    ()_) ()_)----)_)