Hey Gang,

I've been in contact with Chris Martin with RMMM about the 250 Spec Class for 2011 and they're excited about it as well! So much so that they're going to add it to their race program for 2011!

Here's his note to me, answering first to a question about "how hard will they make it for the newbies and kids to get on a 250?":

Tony,

We're pretty easy on the rules for first season racers. Our classes don't require anything to be drilled or tied down unless it is a blatant hazard to other racers. What I do believe in, is full leathers and good gloves and helmet for all riders. Even at 40 mph, I have seen some serious rash for guys wearing textiles.

On a similar note, I saw that Honda is also bringing over a 250 next year, and I think this class could be a huge success for the MRA. I would love to see a grid of 15-20 guys racing next year with both clubs. Bottom line is that if someone wants to race, and has the bike, there is no barrier that we can't overcome.

The feeder idea from younger racers on minis to the MRA is a great one, and I think 2011 could be really good for both of us to build on. I will keep up with your forum post and see what interest develops.

Cheers,.

Chris Martin
Race Director
Rocky Mountain Mini Moto

This is obviously another big step in creating additional entry-points into the MRA and gives the youngsters a taste on a full-size motorcycle before coming over to race with the MRA. Thanks to Chris and the guys at RMMM who are supportive of our collaborative efforts to fill each others grids!

Already looking forward to the first race of 2011!