I was the the nitwit that crashed coming out of turn 1 at the end of the endurance qualifying. Thanks to all who came to my aid on the track and in the pits. I am fine other than some bruising in my leg and ankle that was trapped under the bike as I slid.

Yes, I did see the checkered flag and was cooling down, but coming around 1, I began to feel the rear slide. I think I then whacked the throttle closed which setup a sort of highside. Once we got the the pits we found the bottom of my throttle housing in the belly pan. The only thing I can think of is the throttle maybe stuck a little without the housing in tact and as I was breathing a sigh of relief at being done the bike wanted to keep going. That'll teach me to relax!

It was my first crash ever on a two wheeler and it was during my first event where the lap times actually counted. So I want to say a big thanks to the track crew and the ambulance guys for coming over to check me out. My awesome team helped me get the bike back together so I got to put in some laps during the endurance. I look forward to making it back out to the track for the next round!

Jamie