Hi guys & gals,

I enjoyed a taste of racing with everyone back in '03 but, unfortunately, had to call and end my season after only four races due to that wacky thing called life.

While I'm too late late to get out there and vie for 2010, my plan is to either build my current bike or buy another with the intent of running the full series in 2011, and just wanted to introduce myself properly.

As Mark S. (& others) may remember, I'm the guy who wadded his custom-painted zook 750 in Kamikaze @ SCR when it started raining two laps before the end of the practice race at the noob riders' school in '03 - whee! ) I only managed to do four races back then, but did fairly well, at least in Sportsman Class. hehe

I bought an 01 Suzuki 1000 last month, and am torn between race-prepping it or buying a race-prepped bike for next year. While I have no illusions about being fast out of the gate, I do want a competitive machine.

I've been riding for 30-odd years, have a few years' experience racing (cars+bike) and have subsequently learned that trying to do things 'on the cheap' is NOT a satisfying way to race; I want to ride competitive machinery - even if I can't maximize its potential from the get-go. I abhor being passed down the straight by similar machinery/rider only because it/they have a weight advantage.

I'm a relatively big boy - 6', 200# and, while the class looks like a lot of fun, I'm not sure if I can ultimately be competitive on a 600. Even with the power of today's bikes, I feel I'm at an inherent disadvantage at that level due to my physical size (e.g. - How do you handle racing vs. someone who is 30+# lighter on a similar machine?)

Regardless, I'm feeling like it's time to come back to the MRA and have some fun!

SO, I guess the next question would be: Any suggestions/advice for what to run next year?

And, in the meantime, how can I best help the MRA?

Looking forward to meeting/re-meeting you all soon...

Thanks,
Bob
'03 MRA #388