5pm-9pm: Keith Eastin, Jim Brewer

Saturday
9am-1pm: Wyeth Jackson, Aaron Fisk, Jenn Hom, Elden Lew
1pm-5pm: Jeff Brown, Casey Dragos
5pm-9pm: Siobhan Bennett, Randall Turner

Sunday
9am-1pm: Scott Rybarik, Brad Hampton
1pm-6pm: Jim Wilson, Justin Lampkin

Give me a call or shoot me a PM if you'd like to work this event!
Wyeth 720-299-1390

Wow, here’s a great PR opportunity for the club. I bumped into the SCCA marketing director last week and she generously extended this offer to the MRA—I brought it to the board they say “post it up!” I’ll have more info at the General Meeting tomorrow night. I’m sure the PR rep will want to run with this, I’m here to help however I can. This is a great opportunity for us to start early for next season.

The SCCA, RMVR and Mazda of Lakewood (dealership getting into the race car scene) have rented a gigantic space at this show, 2500-3000 sqft of space that will be called “Race World”. They’re putting up info about HPR, cornerworking information including a flag display, plus all the race vehicles. Apparently there will even be a 70’ cigarette racing boat at the back of the display. They’re bringing 12 race cars plus new Mazda street cars, and they’re offered us space for an MRA booth and 3 motorcycles—for FREE!

The estimated attendance for this event is between 20,000 and 35,000 people, this is the largest Rod & Custom show in the region. There will be 500 cars on display, not including race cars. Radio promotion has already begun and posters for the event are going up in Checkers (the show promoter) all over town. The Race World display will be located next to the restrooms and the food court, there may be a bar service here as well. Traffic should be huge for our booth.

The SCCA has one rule for us at this event. When they put on PR events they require their drivers to wear either their race suit or full cornerworking gear. The PR director said they get terrific spectator response and have lines of people waiting to talk to drivers about racing. They want all of our people to wear our leathers and be prepared to talk about racing motorcycles all day. Hmmmm, ok!

Kurt Hansen of Race Central Radio (AM 1510) will be broadcasting his live motorsports show from this display!! I didn’t even know we had a motorsports show here in Denver! ops:

The board has also said Novices may work off their 2010 Novice Hours at this event. Come have fun, help the club, and take care of your novice hours before the season even starts, this is a great opportunity!

Want to represent your sponsors? Want to put their name in front of 20,000-35,000 spectators?? We need 3 bikes to display at this complex for the week. All vehicles must be unloaded either Monday or Tuesday, the complex goes dark Wed/Thursday(Thanksgiving) and the show opens at 9am on Friday. Break down begins at 6pm Sunday.

I’ll start the ball rolling…

Aaron and I will work the booth Saturday 28th, from 9am- 1pm (or later if needed)

More info and discussion tomorrow at the General Meeting. Thank you SCCA and RMVR for giving us this opportunity!!

Wyeth