4.5 Novice to Expert advancement process

Advancement from Novice to Expert can occur when the following requirements have been met, subject to approval by the New Rider Director:

C. At the end of the season the top ten riders in points standings for both Novice GTU and Novice GTO will be moved up to expert status.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Changed to:

4.5 Novice to Expert advancement process

Advancement from Novice to Expert can occur when the following requirements have been met, subject to approval by the New Rider Director:

C. At the end of the season the top five riders in points standings for both Novice GTU and Novice GTO will be moved up to expert status.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Taken from Ben Fox's statement.

Quote Originally Posted by benfoxmra95
Snyder hit one of my points I was making earlier this year.

There's no real incentive to move to novice. And when you are a novice an get bumped because you finished well enough you are posed with the question of spending a crapload of money on a "supersport" bike.

I have talked to numerous novices over the years who purposefully stayed novice to collect novice contingency.
I have also been wondering what i should do next year as well. It has crossed my mind to stay in novice and collect some money next year. But I personally wont feel like I gain anything from it what so ever. I was worried about getting walked on in the expert classes and not having fun until I talked with some other experts and got their general idea on it.

I also know novices that are being bumped up that dont want to be. They personally feel like they still have room to improve on their riding skill with in the novice ranks. It is a reward to be bumped up to expert because alot of riders want the white plate! But some riders feel like they are being bumped just because they showed up and raced every round. Some may not want to return because they dont feel like they would have any fun running at the back of the pack in expert when the fields arent that deep.

Im just throwing the thought out there to see what other peoples opinions on this are. :shock: