Hello all,

First I want to say that as I enter my sixth season as the President of this club, I can look back on the last five seasons and see many, many fond memories. When I first started hanging around the club little more than a decade ago I would have never guessed I would be where I am today.

As a little history for those that may not have been around at the time... I started hanging around the MRA in 1998 when I met a racer from Fort Collins. I took the school and ran a few races in 1999, and 2000 was my first full season. I was elected to the position of Rider Rep for the 2003 season. At the end of that season I ran for Track Marshal and was elected. Unfortunately, because of some nefarious activities of the then president who was re-elected during the same election, that election was invalidated. A new election was scheduled and I was encouraged to run for President instead of Track Marshal. I did, and was elected. The rest, as they say, is history.

I will not be running for a fourth term in November. I MAY run for another board position, but I haven't decided that yet. It's because I think this position is so important to the club that I want people to start thinking NOW about who they want to occupy this seat. I also encourage anyone who is thinking of running for President to say so soon, so that the members can get to know you in 2009. I have a couple ideas of who *I* would like to see take over, but I will reserve endorsing any particular candidate until later in the season.