Hey, I'm new and want to pass on some thoughts. Until this summer, I'd never been to a motorcycle race and knew nearly nothing. I ride a motorcycle, but that's way different.

Anyway, I've now worked two and half days as corner girl and wanted you to know how much I like it. Now I know colors mean something. I can name some of the rules you follow. I might even be able to identify some of those parts that fly off on the track that I run to pick up!

Who would have thought that standing outside all day in the heat and wind, with no shade, no chair, and an outhouse we barely have time to use would be addicting?! Well, I really like it. Thanks Electroman, #102, for getting me hooked.

What I really want to share is how impressed I am with you all. Nick, Kip, Vince, and Erica (plus names I don't know yet) are amazing. They are patient, mentally sharp, and react instantly with a cool head. Thanks, guys, for carrying me along the first few days.

The riders all seem to really appreciate the corner workers, and this is rewarding. The waves and wheelies on the cool down lap are fun. All in all, the whole group seems to be great. Thanks.

So now, maybe you can put a face and name to that corner girl in white-me! I'm working the last race in October and hope to meet more of you.