Quote Originally Posted by T Baggins
I don't think things are all in good fun. Yes, I give that appearance whenever possible because that is my personality and I try to be the voice of reason when everyone else is losing their minds. I realize this is serious, and that the situation could have been handled differently - but it wasn't and I don't think 7 pages of bitching in cyberspace is going to fix it. Altering the rule book so this doesn't happen again is going to fix it.

I'm not angry, I'm discouraged - but I'll have my breast feathers plucked tonight just to be certain they don't have the appearance of being ruffled in the future.

I agree with you that no one will change any ones mind by this discussion, that much is clear, its unfortunate that a few people will have a few less “smiles in the pits” coming their way, but in the end became a means to an end, resulting in 3 rules change threads to discuss how we as a club can fix it going forward. It was passionately felt that change in our rule book and how we as a club go about enforcing those rules was needed, and it appears that those 1st steps are being taken toward resolving those issues. We have never felt it was Us vs the MRA board, and I feel bad that it was not better communicated in the opposite direction, but rest assured that is most definitely NOT the case ! None the less accept my apologies if there was ever a mis-understanding of “us vs them”. We had a long talk yesterday and, as you have stated, came to the conclusion, to stop pistol whipping the dead horse and move on. We are eager to see the changes in the rule book for next season, and look forward to having a great ending to this season.

See ya at the races