On my way to the Pueblo meeting on Saturday I was able to meet with the people at PPIR and we toured the facility.

It looks great. Cosmetically, it looks like it's been sitting idle for three years and they are working feverishly to get things cleaned up, but the racing surface is in really good shape and I think we can all agree that this is what's important. We discussed some changes that they are in favor of that will make the track even safer than it was before. For those that have never been, it was never a dangerous place to race but it will be even better now.

The thing that had me worried the most was the bump in turn one. I think the reason it appeared in the first place was the inevitable temperature differences between the thin ground above the tunnel versus the temperature of the ground on either side of the tunnel. Anyway, I was worried how it would be after three years of freeze and thaw, but we went across it a couple times in a truck and I don't anticipate it will be an issue.

They have some pretty cool long term plans for the facility, but I will let them make those public as they see fit.

So, we are still scheduled to race there October 11/12.