Well I didn't get to add my $.02 before Glenn took that down so I was hoping that I could get my questions answered before the next race. But first, my bike went through the tear-down and I was deemed legal with no issues. But I have a few questions and I think maybe somethings need to be clarified in the rule book.

Let me also say that Ben is a friend of mine but there were two or three years while he was VP of Rules and Tech where he was sure I was cheating and I was not. Ben can confirm this. In 2003 Carry Andrews built my motors while I was doing some AMA racing but since then I have never opened any motor on any bike I have owned. My motors in the bikes I race today have last season on them as well.

But, on to my question. I think the rules may need to be clearer. Or maybe just defined clearer to me.

Let's start here.
3. Fuel lines and vent lines may be replaced.
Does this not touch on what happened with Dalton? I am really looking at Vent lines may be replaced. That is pretty gray in my opinion.....What can be replaced and/or relocated.

Second...
6. The complete original equipment airbox must be utilized. The only
modification permitted is the sealing of airbox drains. After-market or
OEM air filters must be used.
The part I am really looking at is the Complete Original Airbox. Are we also talking about the tubes going to the air box? In my mind the answer is no but I would like some clarity there. Again, this is a pretty gray area!

Third...
d. Should the stock fairing include air-ducting tubes, those tubes may
be removed or replaced with aftermarket air duct tubes provided
they retain the stock internal area and overall shape.
This is just silly!

I too will bring my ideas for the rules to the Rules meeting this year. You can bet that it will include something about allowing rain tires in Supersport. But to also jump on Ben's band wagon........there are so many things that you can do to a SuperSport bike that cost thousands of $$$$$$, it seems crazy that some of these little things are picking up so much heat. If we really want to see who is cheating then let's do a full tear down of everyones bike to the crank at the end of season. Ben, wasn't that your idea a few years ago??? I am all in for that because the real things that make tons of power weren't even looked at last weekend. I am talking about 1000cc stock Suzuki cams in a 600cc bike. I'm talking about stroker motor with stock pistons. I'm talking about polished and lightened cranks. I don't know that we have ever looked at those things and I think we should.