Just wanted to send a big thanks to all the corner worker and MRA gang for my truly fantastic introduction to corner marshaling. I gotta tell you-- I am hooked! Loved it. You would think there wouldn't be much appeal to 12 hour days in the Nebraska humidity, stuck out in a field of alfalfa with an outhouse and an umbrella full of mice... but I've gotta say, it has it's charm!

Many thanks to Kip, Nick, Erica and Vince for showing me the ropes and forgiving any new-girl errors I made along the way. And thanks to Mike, Norberg, Shane, Tom, John and the MPH corner workers for keeping it both safe and interesting! Not many dull moments, eh? (And how many times have you had licorice handed to you out of the window of a pick-up?!? Sweet!)

As someone who is trying to break into racing, I can definitely say I think I learned more in MPH's corner 9 than I thought possible. And, speaking of, thanks to all the racers for the extra special attention on those last laps! Not too used to girls in the corners, eh? Ha!

Know I will be there this season for as many race weekends as I can swing. And thanks again, all. You made me feel welcome from the get-go, and it was great to meet you all.

-Kate-