Thread: STAR School - May 14-15

Senior Member Amateur

STAR School - May 14-15

Is anyone planning to attend the STAR school at HPR in May either or both days? I am 90% sure I am going to do at least one day, 66% sure I would like to do both. Looking to see if there will be any fellow MRA racers out there to team up with.

Also, any feedback on if doing both days would be "too much"? A single track day can leave you tired even when there is no instruction. I imagine with the exercise the gray matter will get, it could be a real overload or maybe not.

Cheers,
    Jamie
    MRA #88

Senior Member Expert
    2 days is definately worth it IMO. Different stuff is taught on day 2.

I've done his school numerous times - and always learn something. Haven't been able to attend for a few years and thinking about going back this year - I'd say I'm 80% sure I'll be going both days.

Senior Member Expert
    I enjoy STAR, and the second day gets into more race specific info. So definitely go for both days.
    #145 Wyeth Jackson
    Wyeth Homes Real Estate www.WyethHomes.com
    G-Force Powersports, Pirelli & Sol Performance, CT Racing, Kawasaki, Bell Helmets, TCX Boots, Vortex, Racers Edge, Un!nk Printworks, Motul, Vortex, Rising Sun Cycles, CHR, Attack Performance, NinjaTech

I'll be there both days and agree that it's worth doing the two day class. A lot of what you learn on the first day won't really hit home until the next day after a nights sleep.

Mark Nudelman
    MRA #72

Senior Member Amateur
    Just put down my deposit for the 2 day class. May is going to be filled with track time!
    MRA #88

Senior Member Expert
    Riding better and faster are two different things, but you cant ride faster without riding better :wink:

The STAR School teaches you to ride better, which enables you to ride faster, see how that works? While they aren't a "Race School" I know a lot of racers who have been to Jason and Mark's school and come away as faster, smoother, more knowledgeable riders. You get out of it what you put into it and having done a STAR School recently I only wish I had doen one earlier. The STAR School has helped a lot of big name racers on the national and international scene and they are working with riders now you will hear a lot more about in the future. 8)

Senior Member Amateur
    A thread on the CSC forum mentioned the STAR school was canceled, so I called them and sure enough it is scrapped. I am bummed. I guess I will have to find some other form of coaching besides internet forums, couch racing while watching the pros, and Tourist Trophy on the PS2.
    MRA #88