Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pueblo done?

Senior Member Expert
    All is good info, I just highly doubt that they were out there with nuke gauges or did core samples by any means.

The big thing that makes me nervous is the fact the city is going to want to start making money off the new track as soon as possible and I can see cars out there within a week or two. In the history of track surfaces this will tear it up quite quick. Its one thing for a highway where vehicle are keeping a constant speed in a relatively straight line, but a track for the most part vehicles are changing speeds and direction at all times and can tear the crap out of the surface.

I just wish they would be smart about there 800,000 dollar investment and not go out and tear it all up to shit for a quick start to making money where if they would at least give it a month to bake it will last much longer and attract/bring a better investment for the city over time.

To be quite honest if they were smart this should have been done in JAN/FEB and let cure for a few months like HPR... but we can't get everything we want
    Lifetime novice.... #969

l ______
    /l ,[____],
    l---L -[]lllllll[]-
    ()_) ()_)----)_)

Resident T-Bagger Expert T Baggins's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NossLou
    I just wish they would be smart about there 800,000 dollar investment and not go out and tear it all up to shit for a quick start to making money where if they would at least give it a month to bake it will last much longer and attract/bring a better investment for the city over time.

To be quite honest if they were smart this should have been done in JAN/FEB and let cure for a few months like HPR... but we can't get everything we want
    The original plan was to pave back in October but it got delayed...
    Tony Baker #21

Sponsored by:
    Vickery Motorsports, Short Bus Race Team, 406 Racing Michelin, Vortex, PitBull, Driven, Third Bridge Wines, Imodium A-D

Resident T-Bagger Expert T Baggins's Avatar
    @ Premium Blend

Remember that highway use = direct force straight down... so if the substrate is good - the highway is good.

Track use has a shit ton of shear force, which asphalt is NOT designed for. this is why they use the polymer in it now.

So no polymer, and no cure time = HUGE risk imo. We've been down this road before - Second Creek had to be COMPLETELY repaved because we put race vehicles on it too soon. Pueblo likely doesn't have the money to do a repave, so if it falls apart, we're all pretty much screwed.

I have communicated this to Jason Abney, Track Manager at Pueblo. I will contact him again today just to be sure our concerns have been heard.
    Tony Baker #21

Sponsored by:
    Vickery Motorsports, Short Bus Race Team, 406 Racing Michelin, Vortex, PitBull, Driven, Third Bridge Wines, Imodium A-D

Senior Member Expert
    I see they posted on FB that the paving is now complete.
    Ankle Biter Racing #99
    Sol Performance--Scorpion -- Vortex Racing
    MaxFund No-Kill Animal Shelter and Adoption Center

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by T Baggins
    @ Premium Blend

Remember that highway use = direct force straight down... so if the substrate is good - the highway is good.

Track use has a shit ton of shear force, which asphalt is NOT designed for. this is why they use the polymer in it now.

So no polymer, and no cure time = HUGE risk imo. We've been down this road before - Second Creek had to be COMPLETELY repaved because we put race vehicles on it too soon. Pueblo likely doesn't have the money to do a repave, so if it falls apart, we're all pretty much screwed.

I have communicated this to Jason Abney, Track Manager at Pueblo. I will contact him again today just to be sure our concerns have been heard.
    That is what I was trying to convey...the shear force...Tony is so smart!
    Lifetime novice.... #969

l ______
    /l ,[____],
    l---L -[]lllllll[]-
    ()_) ()_)----)_)

Senior Member Amateur
    Using a 76-28 SX100 1/2" mix would be significantly stronger and very expensive. Polymers are great and Tony, you are 100% right... using polymer will help bind the asphalt laterally with proper compaction vs. standard paving mix which lateral binding is very limited b/c there is no polymer present in the mix.

For anyone wondering and needs a visual image, imagine a cheese pizza with a little bit of cheese on it. This would be the standard asphalt mix. If you pull those 2 pieces apart you get very little cheese between the 2 pieces. Now imagine you have a cheese pizza with a bunch of cheese to bind the 2 pieces together. This would be a polymer. Now pull those 2 pieces apart and you have all of that stringy cheese between the 2. That extra cheese would be equivalent to the very sticky polymer, and when the polymer cures over time it locks the asphalt into place much better than standard asphalt would.
    Sponsor: Visa Credit Card @ 11.9% APR! AWESOME!

President Expert
    According to Pueblo's FB page:
    We have been told we can run on it in 2 to 3 weeks... however we have made the decision to not run the road course for at least a month. First Road Course event... RMVR June 1
    Turns 3 and 4

Turn2 looking back at Turn 1

Looking down at Turn 5

Turns 6 and 7

Turn 8 looking back at 7

Turn 9

New Turn 10 configuration

MRA #29

Senior Member Amateur
    FB pics look good.
    MRA Novice #215
    2009 ZX6R
    Gebhardt VW

Senior Member Expert
    Looks really nice. I can wait to go shred the new hot fudge topping.
    Dennis Stowers MRA #151
    2021-2023 MRA BoD Rider Representative - Rulebook
    Absolute Moto-Michelin
    Speedin' Motorsports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12