Thread: 2000 748RS

Member Novice

2000 748RS

Yes, this is a real 748RS. The list of discussion items for this bike is long, I'll try to keep it short, PM me for more details in which case I'll probably request we do it over the phone so I don't have to type so much.
    Maintaining 3 bikes is wearing on me and my wallet, I've decided to cut loose my 748RS. I bought it last year from Boulder Motorsports, it belonged to another guy Brian knows.
    VIN review shows the frame is a 1999, I called Ducati when I bought the bike, they called me back the next day and confirmed it is a 2000 model year 748RS. The bike has all of its original carbon fiber fairings, some of them have been repaired, but all still have the 'ms production' markings on them, and hand written date codes on them that were clear coated over, it is a really cool detail. This bike was the 'B' bike for a race team that disbanded after, I think 2001.
    Here is a list of stuff done to the bike.
    Ohlins forks and shock
    Magnesium long swingarm with Corse flat link
    Magnesium triple clamps
    Magnesium marchesini wheels, I actually have two sets of wheels that go with this bike.
    Carbon fiber tank, it is not peeling and does not leak, no damage to it at all.
    STM slipper clutch
    KLS quickshifter
    STM quick change rear sprocket kit
    Upgraded Brembo brake package, front and rear rotors, calipers and brembo radial brake masters front and rear and clutch master as well. I believe these are the brembo 'K' monobloc axial calipers. This entire system must have been very expensive.
    Has the stock 54mm 748RS termignoni exhaust system, made of steel but its very lightweight.
    Has the RS shower injection and RS carbon fiber undertail breather box.
    Corse carbon fairing stay with front mount for ECU.
    The engine has the H beam titanium RS rods in it, these are not the cast I beam titanium rods but the proper RS H beam units, I'm told a set of these rods new was 5 thousand bucks.
    The bike put down 110rwhp weighs in at just over 360lbs wet with a splash of fuel in the tank.
    I've just had the belts replaced and the valves adjusted. It needs nothing.

I did 4 trackdays on this bike last year, before that it had done about 9 track days with the previous owner since BMS built the motor. It is fresh, needs nothing and runs really well. I don't know how much money was put into this bike but it is a substantial amount, it is a well sorted bike and runs like an absolute animal. After typing all of that out, I'm realizing how amazing this bike is.

I've put some images in my photo gallery on this website, the bike now has black wheels front and rear, they are marchesini magnesium 5 spoke. The bike was downed by the previous owner, you can see a scrape on one side of the bike, front fairing and on the tail. Its cosmetic, I didn't have those fairings repainted.

VIN ZDMH300AAXB000XXX pm me if you want the last 3 digits, you can contact Ducati and have them verify its a real 748RS.
    Engine serial ZDM748W4B*001032* the serial # has asterisks in it.

I'm asking $8,000.

Member Novice
    Sale pending.

Member Novice
    SOLD! Bike was picked up today, went to a Ducati collector/racer in GA.