Thread: Facebook

Senior Member Amateur

Facebook

I've noticed that the MRA has 2 facebook pages. While I may be wrong, it appears that the two pages (home page and group page?) have different audiences and different information. I would like to suggest some type of consolidation like having everyone join the group page putting all the information on the group page....or deleting a page and just posting to one page. Just a thought.

Joe
    MRA # 157
    2010 Ducati 1198S
    2009 Indian Chief Roadmaster
    2012 Ducati 796 Monster
    2004 Ducati 749S
    SW Scooternews, Sol Performance/Pirelli, Rudy Project, TYGA Performance, Boulder Motorsports, Woodcraft, Nitron Racing Shocks, Shorai

Resident T-Bagger Expert T Baggins's Avatar
    We're attempting to migrate people over to the new page, but don't want to "lose" anyone along the way.

We will put out a change or die message here before the start of the season.

Thanks for noticing though...
    Tony Baker #21

Sponsored by:
    Vickery Motorsports, Short Bus Race Team, 406 Racing Michelin, Vortex, PitBull, Driven, Third Bridge Wines, Imodium A-D

President Expert
    Joe-

As Tony pointed out, we are attempting to consolidate. The MRA Facebook group was set up 4 years ago and I took it over back in 2009. After realizing that we could better market the MRA on Facebook with an actual business page, I created the new one this past December. Unfortunately, FB does not allow you to just consolidate and combine the members. So we have been actively building up the numbers for the new page. You've probably noticed on a lot of the club's communications to go to the new MRA FB page and select Like. We've already disussed a timeline to terminate the group page and we plan to provide plenty of notice before we do so. We would like to keep as many of the 600+ group members as possible.
    As far as difference audiences and different information, that's due the nature of FB itself. One is a group page that members have been posting and uploading pictures for the past 4 years. The new page we are attempting to control the content. If you notice, the official MRA posts by myself and other board members are the same on both.
    MRA #29