Thread: Rain gear

Senior Member Amateur

Rain gear

I was wondering what everyone is using to protect leathers on rainy days. I was thinking of using NIK wax on the whole suit. It works really well on my ski gloves.
    MRA Novice #215
    2009 ZX6R
    Gebhardt VW

Senior Member Expert
    Buy a rain suit from faster. RS Taichi Racing Rain Suit Its one of the better ones, I have been using mine for 3 seasons.

I also use my old leathers (Moto GP) instead of my good ones.
    Christopher
    MRA 9 (915)
    “I’m just mad because you shouldn’t use the term ‘fag’, Kyle. That’s a hate word, and it’s insensitive to butt pirates.”
    Quote Originally Posted by T Baggins
    Chris - you're absolutely right. (Mark your calendar, don't think I'll EVER say that again :lol: )
    Sponsored by
    Short Bus Race Team, Vortex, SixSixOne, Faster, VICKERY YAMAHA, Bridgestone, Ferodo, Cycleworks, Rebellion, VP, Motul, MRA, Unink

Senior Member Expert
    NIK wax is the shiznat...lemme tell yah

I actually use mink oil to keep mine soft and repel H20, finally bought a rain suit though...
    Lifetime novice.... #969

l ______
    /l ,[____],
    l---L -[]lllllll[]-
    ()_) ()_)----)_)

Senior Member Amateur
    Quote Originally Posted by polar x
    Buy a rain suit from faster. RS Taichi Racing Rain Suit Its one of the better ones, I have been using mine for 3 seasons.

I also use my old leathers (Moto GP) instead of my good ones.
    FYI RS Taichi rain suits are no longer in production as the factory that made them was damaged in the Tsunami. However Cortech will be releasing one in the near future.
    303 Cycle | FaceBook | Twitter | Google Plus |

MRA #161 : 2014 Sponsors - Bell, Knox, Silkolene, Forma Boots, Chicken Hawk Racing, Bazzaz

Senior Member Expert
    There is always this one too. Similar to the RS.

http://www.motocard.com/en/rain_gear...over_suit.aspx
    Christopher
    MRA 9 (915)
    “I’m just mad because you shouldn’t use the term ‘fag’, Kyle. That’s a hate word, and it’s insensitive to butt pirates.”
    Quote Originally Posted by T Baggins
    Chris - you're absolutely right. (Mark your calendar, don't think I'll EVER say that again :lol: )
    Sponsored by
    Short Bus Race Team, Vortex, SixSixOne, Faster, VICKERY YAMAHA, Bridgestone, Ferodo, Cycleworks, Rebellion, VP, Motul, MRA, Unink

Senior Member Amateur
    I just got a Suomy suit today and holy moley it seems like it's going to be a challenge to get on. I realize you want it to be snug, but is it normal to feel like you've been violated just trying to get one of these suckers on? I bought the large and at 6' / 155lbs I would have thought that was the right size.
    MRA #88

Quote Originally Posted by spideyrdr
    I just got a Suomy suit today and holy moley it seems like it's going to be a challenge to get on. I realize you want it to be snug, but is it normal to feel like you've been violated just trying to get one of these suckers on? I bought the large and at 6' / 155lbs I would have thought that was the right size.
    have you tried getting on the bike with them? they never feel very loose walking around but they should be more comfortable on the bike. if they are still too snug, just give nate butler a call and he can make them fit like a custom suit
    RS 125
    TZ 250

Senior Member Amateur
    Quote Originally Posted by marty
    Quote Originally Posted by spideyrdr
    have you tried getting on the bike with them? they never feel very loose walking around but they should be more comfortable on the bike. if they are still too snug, just give nate butler a call and he can make them fit like a custom suit
    Oops, sorry, I meant I got a Suomy RAIN suit. Getting it on over my leathers was the hard part. Maybe it's time to slather on some butter!
    MRA #88

Senior Member Amateur
    Tip: put the rainsuit on the leathers first, then put the whole works on at once.
    Joe Turek #59

Senior Member Amateur
    go to the camping section @ walmart, get the rain jacket/pants combo, cut out for knee sliders, duct tape where needed.... SHAZAM, $15 rain suit

Your welcome
    Luke, Semi-Expert #199
    2010 Ducati 848, 2005 GSXR1000
    STM Suspension, Sol Performance

Senior Member Amateur
    Quote Originally Posted by random hero
    go to the camping section @ walmart, get the rain jacket/pants combo, cut out for knee sliders, duct tape where needed.... SHAZAM, $15 rain suit

Your welcome
    Now were talking. Probably more comfortable than leathers and motorcycle rain suit. Thanks.
    MRA Novice #215
    2009 ZX6R
    Gebhardt VW

Member Amateur
    Quote Originally Posted by random hero

You're welcome
    This is what I would do if I had expensive leathers.

Otherwise I DGAF because I have TWO cheap leathers. LOL.

Senior Member Amateur
    Quote Originally Posted by joe859
    Tip: put the rainsuit on the leathers first, then put the whole works on at once.
    I finally got it all on with this method. Thanks Joe! It's a snug fit but that's what you're looking for.

The real quirk with this Suomy rainsuit is there's a flap going across the front that doesn't open. So unless I modify the suit (which I might do to make it open fully and then add a second zipper or velcro), you either have to put it on like a sweater which was damn near impossible even with help or you have to put the jacket portion on the suit first and burrow into it. The burrow method worked, though I think my cats thought I was suffering from a seizure.
    MRA #88