I'm hoping you guys can steer me to someone local so I don't have to send this part out of state.

I was installing a lower bearing race on my new shiny steering stem. I had the stem nice and cold and the race nice and hot, with a custom race driver I built out of PVC pipe so the race surface wouldn't be marred if I had to put a little pressure on it to seat fully.

I was setting the race down on the stem and I dropped it. It landed crooked and, I'm assuming, hit the cold aluminum and contracted, sticking where you see it now.

I tried giving it a few good whacks with a drift to loosen it again, but all I managed to do was slip off the race and mar the stem (Slightly) and the top slipped off the wood I had it on and (Again slightly) marred the top nut threads.

Fearing if I continued I would certainly destroy it I stopped while I was (Sort of) ahead.

I would like to have this fixed ASAP so I can get the bike back together. If you can help, or point me in the right direction that would help. I'm happy to pay to get this fixed quick.

Thanks,
Dodd