Thread: Novice Hours

Senior Member Amateur

Novice Hours

How about giving some novice hour credit for a SuperStreet referral? I thought .5 - 1.0 credit per entry. I'm not sure how much cash buys off your novice hours this year.

Senior Member Expert
    This has come up before, and when the discussion was occurring I had to ask myself, who benefits the most when I refer someone to the MRA?

The best answer I could come up with was myself

Something you may not know is how much the decline of the US economy affected the MRA. Due to many riders no longer having expendable income participation dwindled, and on top of that the expenses associated with providing a race weekend climbed. If it wasn't for a very dedicated membership and business savvy board members the MRA very well could have disappeared before I ever had the opportunity to race a motorcycle.

I look back now and wonder what my life would be like if I never had that chance, and what if this is the last year I have that chance? Its to depressing to think about, so I spend most of my days at the motorcycle shop preaching the gospel of racing and handing out superstreet flyer's praying that my extra effort will save something I love.

As you can see everyone including yourself benefits when you refer someone to your club. I hope everyone in this club can see that, and continues to do their best spreading our racing gospel.

If its novice hours you want follow the link

http://forums.mra-racing.org/viewfor...7125e9371e0ef5

I promise volunteering with the MRA is a lot of fun and much easier than you think.

Non the less I'll talk to the other board members about this for sure.

I think if you choose to buy your novice hours its...$100
    Colorado's Dunlop Tire Vendor
    www.throttleforyourbottle.com

Senior Member Amateur
    Okay makes sense. As a club member I should always be promoting the club, it's my duty and yours too. I thought I had a brilliant idea ops:
    MRA Novice #215
    2009 ZX6R
    Gebhardt VW

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayniac
    Okay makes sense. As a club member I should always be promoting the club, it's my duty and yours too. I thought I had a brilliant idea ops:
    Wayne -

Don't see it as an "oops", it was an idea in line with some other ideas that we have going. We really need the membership to help promote the club. This is not a money making venture - if it was a savvy business owner would have snapped up a bunch of race clubs already knowing that they could make a bunch of money doing this. Instead, what we have here is a group of people with a common passion.

We have a ton of ways for you to earn novice hours throughout the year - Louden is looking for help for a couple of open houses right now. On top of that we have general meetings where you can come and learn more about the club, it's current state and meet other members and earn some of your service hours all at the same time.

Welcome! We're glad that you've discovered this sport and us. I hope you have a great Novice season!

Scott
    MRA Expert #69
    Sponsored by: Chicane Instruction
    STM Suspension, Speedin' Motorsports
    Northern Colorado Euro Motorcycles
    Boulder Motorsports, Sol Performance Pirelli
    Angry Marmot Motorsports
    Sarah, Aaron and David

Senior Member Expert
    Forgive me Wayniac for standing on my soap box. Like Rybo said this isn't a "oops" moment. Your idea has plenty of merit.

I'm happy to see your already looking for ways to help grow our membership. I hope you keep coming up with more ideas. We can use all the help we can get!

Welcome to the club

Cheers
    Colorado's Dunlop Tire Vendor
    www.throttleforyourbottle.com

Resident T-Bagger Expert T Baggins's Avatar
    When you volunteer to attend an open house or MRA event, your enthusiasm likely will end up in getting someone to sign up for SuperStreet anyway... so win-win. You get your hours AND we get a new racer!

easy peasy... mac and cheesy :lol:
    Tony Baker #21

Sponsored by:
    Vickery Motorsports, Short Bus Race Team, 406 Racing Michelin, Vortex, PitBull, Driven, Third Bridge Wines, Imodium A-D

Senior Member Amateur
    I'm excited to volunteer. Anything these days to get me away from work or the house. Plus I'll get to know more racers and the ins and outs of the club. I've already told a few random people I met riding around town about the SS class. I'd much rather see people going fast at the track than pushing it on the street.
    MRA Novice #215
    2009 ZX6R
    Gebhardt VW