Quote Originally Posted by The GECCO
Might I suggest the riders start thinking now about what little extras or goodies they can bring for the staff and corner workers that weekend? We need to make it like a second "corner worker appreciation" weekend to help insure we have enough people out there to make it happen.
=D>

Quote Originally Posted by rybo
paraphrasing - about entry fees and doing a 4 hour race every weekend
The net dollars on the 4 hour weekend are only slightly higher than a typical race weekend. We do collect more in entry fees, but we also have greater expenses, such as keeping the ambulance on duty for several hours longer.

Our "per - rider" fees drop significantly during the 4-hour weekend, but we attract many more racers that weekend than we do on the typical race weekend - some of them either coming out of retirement, or traveling from a long distance. It's unlikely that we would attract those racers week-in week-out throughout the season. Tony may have, but I haven't mathed-out (yes, I just made up a new verb) what the entry fee for a long endurance every weekend would need to be. I haven't done it because our current endurance structure accounts for nearly 20% of the total weekend revenue. It's something that is obviously working, so you would have a very hard time convincing me that we should scrap it for something different.

I really enjoy long endurance racing, and I'm looking forward to the 4-Hour this year!