Thread: Minimoto

Senior Member Amateur

Minimoto

Who here particpates that could help me figure out a bike to do this and what else I may need? Looking to keep costs down so maybe an older KX85 or something.

thanks,

Joe
    MRA # 157
    2010 Ducati 1198S
    2009 Indian Chief Roadmaster
    2012 Ducati 796 Monster
    2004 Ducati 749S
    SW Scooternews, Sol Performance/Pirelli, Rudy Project, TYGA Performance, Boulder Motorsports, Woodcraft, Nitron Racing Shocks, Shorai

Senior Member Amateur
    A kx65 is gonna be your best bet. Most can be found on Craigslist for under 800. All you need is a 12 inch front wheel to match the rear wheel and some tires. Motorcycle superstore has the tires for 130 shipped and they last 2 seasons.

Hammer can help explain a bit more as well.
    http://www.motopartslist.com
    Buy, Sell, or Trade your used parts and accessories.
    Brad Hampton - RMMM / COSM #206

Senior Member Amateur
    I am going to try to get out there on a 4-stroke SSR 150 TX2 that I bought from a guy who ran it last year. It came with two sets of wheels, one for off-road and another there minimoto (they have Dunlops on em). I have no idea if I can get it to be competitive but I am excited to try. There are a couple of brands of the 4-strokes to look at, it that interests you.
    MRA #88

Senior Member Amateur
    A KX65 is the way to go. There is a ton of parts available and the bikes are plentiful. A 65cc bike will allow you to run in two different classes. An 85 will only let you run in 1 class. You could run an NSR 50 in all three classes but unless your name is Schrammy or Hammer the faster two classes will leave you wishing for more horsepower. I think Sun has a brand new 2004 NSR for $3k on craigslist. Last year we ran a KX80 in one class and a KTM 65sx in two classes. The kid on the KTM was pretty determined and ended the year quite well. Let us know if we can help with anything.

Joe. Kx 65 for sure. I even have a 12 in rim for the front u can buy for cheap

Spider. The ssr you have is a fun and competitive bike . You will have a blast.

If you have a bike and are not on the mailing list DO IT ASAP.. we are trying to get IMI on the skedg and we could use a few more pre entrys to lock it in.

Contact Chris Martin. ASAP
    #213, still droppin the hammer, butt holes!!! ( 2016 RIDER REP )

SYNDICATE RACING, SOAPOINT GRAPHICS, BLOODNICKEL LEATHERS, PIRELLI / SOL ,SCORPION HELMETS, MAD-MOTO, SPEARS RACING , AMSOIL, VORTEX, SIDI , ROCKY MOUNTAIN MINIMOTO, THE ALTAR BRIDAL, BLU CRU , COYOTE MOTORSPORTS

Tho a nsf or nsr is a sweet bike for racing. But yes. Slower than a 65
    #213, still droppin the hammer, butt holes!!! ( 2016 RIDER REP )

SYNDICATE RACING, SOAPOINT GRAPHICS, BLOODNICKEL LEATHERS, PIRELLI / SOL ,SCORPION HELMETS, MAD-MOTO, SPEARS RACING , AMSOIL, VORTEX, SIDI , ROCKY MOUNTAIN MINIMOTO, THE ALTAR BRIDAL, BLU CRU , COYOTE MOTORSPORTS