Quote Originally Posted by Yeeker
Quote Originally Posted by d_mob
PS... Nice to see the Roman Emperor couldn't keep pace. They must have removed the turbo since PI round one. :lol:
Since I picked Max instead Sykes (and you bumped me off the top spot), I don't think that I enjoyed this quite as much as you did! I figured the Kawi would eat tires again this year. Sykes did great. Did his tires really go off much or did he just not have Checa's pace? Sykes never really seemed to lose ground to the pack behind him.
Not 100% sure... Sykes had a Superpole best time of 1:46.7 and Checa was 2nd @ 1:47.2.

If you look at the race result lap charts, Sykes had fastest lap time in race 2 in the mid 47's. He just seemed to get away super fast in the mid to high 47's, slow mid-race into the 48's and limp to the finish in high 48's and even into low 49's (not 'limping' by any means, but you get the point). Checa was consistent throughout with times.

Regardless, Sykes killed it and he is still one of my faves in SBK. Can't wait to watch the rest of the season ~

PS... What the he11 is going on with the GP boys (Hopkins, Aoyama, etc)? I know Hopkins recently chopped off his finger and has a perma-shocker, but that couldn't have slowed him all the way to backmarker, could it?