Thread: And another one gone...

President Expert
    MRA #29

Member Amateur
    Wow, that's not a good sign... I'm thankful the MRA has some savvy business minds on the board. And Tony. :wink: Seriously, it shows some visionary big picture thinking that you have board members willing to fix the system before it's too far gone -- some clubs just ride the sinking ship until it's sunk.

Kudos again to our MRA Board - thanks for making the tough calls, even when they're not necessarily the "popular" calls.
    Lisa (Kary) Clark
    Former MRA #191 and #911 ("I'll be back!!")
    2009 R-6
    2003 SV-650
    2009 CRF-250X

Senior Member Expert
    Can't believe another club is folding. This is an important reminder that we're a club and we have to show up and support our club or it will evaporate.

Thank you to all the MRA members who have made it out in the past few years, even for just a race or two. Keep coming out!
    #145 Wyeth Jackson
    Wyeth Homes Real Estate www.WyethHomes.com
    G-Force Powersports, Pirelli & Sol Performance, CT Racing, Kawasaki, Bell Helmets, TCX Boots, Vortex, Racers Edge, Un!nk Printworks, Motul, Vortex, Rising Sun Cycles, CHR, Attack Performance, NinjaTech

Senior Member Expert
    I heard rummors that the SRA (Sidecars) also canceled all the runs for their West section.
    Martin J. #73 - Motoforza Racing Team
    Motoforza bodywork www.motoforzafairings.com

Cell: 303-518-5650
    http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/k...gpic3918_6.jpg

Senior Member Expert
    Any plans to aggressively market the MRA as an out-of-state venue to these folks that are all dressed up in leathers with no place to go? Give 'em a free weekend license and pair them up with MRA'ers if they're confused about how we do things (I will step up as volunteer #1 for that).
    MotoLlama Racing
    www.motolla.ma
    www.facebook.com/MotoLlama
    Twitter @MotoLlama
    Llama Schwag! www.cafepress.com/motollama
    #321! Supported by Western Ambulance, ProRT, Chicane Trackdays, Single Track Mind, Rebellion, Vanmar, Wicked Photos, and my family.

Jim 'smooth' Brewer
    WSMC going down is unreal. They have a huge population base from which to pull - meaning LA, Las Vegas, San Diego. Sheesh ..

I'm guessing this is good for the AFM & CVMA.

Senior Member Amateur
    WSMC has been mismanaged for years. I raced a round last year and it doesn't surprise me one bit they shut down. I guess that's what happens when you let the "family business" run as usual.
    http://www.motopartslist.com
    Buy, Sell, or Trade your used parts and accessories.
    Brad Hampton - RMMM / COSM #206

Senior Member Amateur
    Quote Originally Posted by rforsythe
    Give 'em a free weekend license and pair them up with MRA'ers if they're confused about how we do things (I will step up as volunteer #1 for that).
    This sounds like a good idea for a 1st round incentive for locals that have taken/will take the race school. I know you have SuperStreet, but this would be the next level.

I personally am going to do the race school, but between the price of that, race license, tires, and race entry fees all at once, I may not be able to run the first round; gotta save up some dough for entry to round 2 or 3. The club would be giving up a free weekend license, but still collecting race entry fees for round 1.

IDK, just a thought. Maybe I'm just looking out for "numero uno"

Jim 'smooth' Brewer
    Quote Originally Posted by vort3xr6
    WSMC has been mismanaged for years. I raced a round last year and it doesn't surprise me one bit they shut down. I guess that's what happens when you let the "family business" run as usual.
    Wow - I didn't know that. If you count Las Vegas, WSMC had a population region of about 24 million. Colorado is about 5 million, so they really must have messed things up. Imagine what our board could do if they had 5 times the number of people to reach!

Resident T-Bagger Expert T Baggins's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim 'smooth' Brewer
    Wow - I didn't know that. If you count Las Vegas, WSMC had a population region of about 24 million. Colorado is about 5 million, so they really must have messed things up. Imagine what our board could do if they had 5 times the number of people to reach!
    We could piss off 5 times as many people... lol :lol: :lol: :lol: :shock:
    Tony Baker #21

Sponsored by:
    Vickery Motorsports, Short Bus Race Team, 406 Racing Michelin, Vortex, PitBull, Driven, Third Bridge Wines, Imodium A-D

Senior Member Expert
    Well, I think it speaks to how the MRA elects its leaders and holds them accountable. Bullshit in the ranks is just not tolerated anymore, and the results speak for themselves.
    MotoLlama Racing
    www.motolla.ma
    www.facebook.com/MotoLlama
    Twitter @MotoLlama
    Llama Schwag! www.cafepress.com/motollama
    #321! Supported by Western Ambulance, ProRT, Chicane Trackdays, Single Track Mind, Rebellion, Vanmar, Wicked Photos, and my family.

Member Amateur
    Chuckwalla is brand new. I wonder how they're doing since they basically pull from the same metropolitan areas.
    MRA Novice #715
    Vanmarr Racing
    www.subdotmission.com
    www.dubstep.fm

Quote Originally Posted by GSXRScott
    Chuckwalla is brand new. I wonder how they're doing since they basically pull from the same metropolitan areas.
    Based on what we saw when we were out there, I'd guess they're basically breaking even on the race series... but it's run by the track so who knows how much subsidy it requires, if any.

The track itself probably isn't making any money yet because of the massive cost of to build it.

Their Track Days have probably 3X the number of participants as the race weekend does. On Friday evening the pits were nearly full. When we woke up on Saturday, it was more than 1/2 empty.
    Tony Baker #21

Sponsored by:
    Vickery Motorsports, Short Bus Race Team, 406 Racing Michelin, Vortex, PitBull, Driven, Third Bridge Wines, Imodium A-D

Senior Member Amateur
    Their Track Days have probably 3X the number of participants as the race weekend does. On Friday evening the pits were nearly full. When we woke up on Saturday, it was more than 1/2 empty
    not many know how to party like the CO crew You guys just scared them off!
    MRA #406
    406 Racing
    Michelin
    Speedin Motorsports
    RockyMtnPhotos
    STM Suspension
    Custom Collision Repair
    420science.com

Quote Originally Posted by jeff healy
    Their Track Days have probably 3X the number of participants as the race weekend does. On Friday evening the pits were nearly full. When we woke up on Saturday, it was more than 1/2 empty
    not many know how to party like the CO crew You guys just scared them off!
    maybe... lol
    Tony Baker #21

Sponsored by:

Senior Member Expert
    F-In Hammer!
    Dennis Stowers MRA #151
    2021-2023 MRA BoD Rider Representative - Rulebook
    Absolute Moto-Michelin
    Speedin' Motorsports