Thread: 2008 Ninja 250 race/track bike $3500*SOLD Pending Funds*

Senior Member Expert

2008 Ninja 250 race/track bike $3500*SOLD Pending Funds*

Throwing this back out there to see if there is any interest at a lowered price.

MRA Production 250 legal!

The bike has a clean Colorado title and will come with the street plastics (green), but they are all damaged and/or rashed The lights, mirrors, ignition switch, fuel cap and pillion have been sold off to help finance the build I sold the stock tank and put a slightly dented (repaired) tank on it for racing The kickstand bracket has been cut off for clearance issues Wiring harness is complete and intact. I changed oil every 2-3 races/trackdays

· Sharkskin’s bodywork w/ Puig wind screen, very nice stuff with slight cut out for clipon clearance The paint is rattle can.
    · Completely safety wired to pass MRA tech.
    · Ignition key eliminated and weather proof toggle switch installed.
    · Set up for a hardwire transponder. I have the transponder that I will sell with the bike for an additional $250.
    · Woodcraft clip ons with the 2 in risers specifically for the ninjette.
    · Sportisi adjustable rearsets set up GP shift (cut out counter sprocket cover with an unaltered spare).
    · Brake lines changed to braided steel front and rear.
    · Front brake pads are new and were installed 10/15/2011 and the brake fluid changed and bled.
    · Pingle dog bones to raise rear 1½".
    · Newish (1 race an 2 track days) 520 standard (non oring) DID racing chain for less rolling resistance and 3 aluminum rear sprockets 45T(stock and what I use @ HPR), 47T and 49T (IMI), along with a spare carrier so gearing change take 10 min.
    · The front forks were service with fresh oil (15wt, stock is 7.5wt) late season and I added spacers to increase preload 10mm This and raising the rear ride height made a huge improvement in handling and front tire wear.
    · The carbs have been jetted and the needles have (2) 3mm shim washers ea.
    · The exhaust is a full 2 into 2 Totsubo GP style that is undoubtedly the loudest exhaust you can put on a 250 And I mean really really loud! I did a side by side dyno comparison of the Totsubo and the AreaP short CF system by running one on the dyno and then pulling the exhaust and bolting the other up with out removing the bike and then ran that one The Totsubo put out almost 1 ½ hp more in the sweet spot of the curve so that is what stayed on the bike But be warned, it is fraking loud!
    Run on Epic Motosports Dyno @ 29 ½ HP.
    · I have run Bridgestone BT-003 RS 140 rear tires and BT-016 110's on the front all year and have been extremely happy with the performance for the price The current rear is nearing the end of it's useful life, the front is still in decent shape. I will include a really good set of Power One Race DOT takeoffs.

This bike is extremely fun to ride and has taught me a great deal about riding motorcycles on the track It is also about as cheap to maintain as a person could hope for.

Ankle Biter Racing #99
    Sol Performance--Scorpion -- Vortex Racing
    MaxFund No-Kill Animal Shelter and Adoption Center

Senior Member Expert
    Bump up and throw in a set of great condition Power One race DOT takeoffs.

I can also set this up as a turnkey racing setup. $4200
    To include Bike, stands, tire warmers, hard wire transponder and Honda generator.
    Ankle Biter Racing #99
    Sol Performance--Scorpion -- Vortex Racing
    MaxFund No-Kill Animal Shelter and Adoption Center