Thread: Race Numbers

Senior Member Amateur

Race Numbers

So my first season in the MRA will be 2012. When can we find out what numbers are available for novices?

Obviously being 303 Cycle I would love to have the 303 number but according to the 2011 listing it looks like thats taken (unless Kevin wants to give that up for a little financial trade :lol: )
    303 Cycle | FaceBook | Twitter | Google Plus |

MRA #161 : 2014 Sponsors - Bell, Knox, Silkolene, Forma Boots, Chicken Hawk Racing, Bazzaz

Senior Member Amateur
    Great to see there will be another racer out there!

Edit: You asked WHEN you could find out. You may already have figured out the HOW. In any case, here is the HOW, in case you might find this helpful.

One way to check if a number is available is to look in the back of the 2011 season program and see if anyone has the number you are interested in:

http://filezilla.mra-racing.org/file...ProgramWeb.swf

Next, double-check to see if the number you want has any results or is assigned to anyone by checking the season results for that number:

http://www.mra-racing.org/index.cfm?...e=riderRESULTS

I believe if a number is registered to someone but they didn't race last year then the number is up for grabs but I am not 100% sure.

If all else fails, I bet one of the board members would be able to check the number to see if it's available. You may already know this but novices must have a number between 100 and 999.

Jamie
    MRA #88

Senior Member Amateur
    Thanks! Yup looked in the MRA guide and it looks like no results for 2011, I thought there was a 2 year period. Either way the Kawasaki would gain at least 8hp with some numbers :wink:
    303 Cycle | FaceBook | Twitter | Google Plus |

MRA #161 : 2014 Sponsors - Bell, Knox, Silkolene, Forma Boots, Chicken Hawk Racing, Bazzaz

Senior Member Expert
    5.3 Number & Display Regulations

C. A racer must participate in 3 or more race weekends of the MRA season events
    in order to reserve their number for the next season. If they do not participate in
    3 or more weekends, their number is considered open and will be given out on
    a first come, first served basis the following year. The racer may file a request
    with the board to have their number retained for the next season.
    Ankle Biter Racing #99
    Sol Performance--Scorpion -- Vortex Racing
    MaxFund No-Kill Animal Shelter and Adoption Center