Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Race Prep for a 2011 ZX6R

Senior Member Expert
    You can modify the existing system, or buy stuff. Up to you and Bart knows the pro's and con's of both.

Adding air into the exhaust port/pipe makes the A/F show lean, Bart knows ways to compensate for it or how to modify the system for tuning. Hemostats make the process pretty simple and if you can get them off his nipples they will do the job well

Senior Member Expert
    Clunkie you still kicken out there, I would never waste money on block off plates unless you have it to blow. Simple enough to put a hose between the two ports or JB them up, don't really think it makes a hill of beans difference to the way the bike runs but does need to be corked to tune as it will tweek the AFR but yea a HEMO works just fine for this. Some folks will tell you to run your engine breather to it but more often than not it hurts more than it helps and none of the kit manuals tell you to do this instead have a sepaqrate engine breather can.
    Given the choice between SC or turbo the answer is simple, turbo all the way. More power per lbs of boost and less heat and can be made fairly rideable with the right turbo and plenium combo. I think a 160hp 600 with 70lbs of torque sounds like a blast.

Senior Member Expert
    As much as a few people in Colorado just want me to disappear, that isn't going to happen :wink:

I just used to hose to link the GSXR1000 PAIR valve ports on the valve cover and used zip-ties to secure them on. While the block-off plates are only around $35-40 that is a lot of beer, and they aren't visable enough anyway to impress your friends :lol:

I have also seen JB weld or some people tap the hole in the valve cover and then red locktite a screw/bolt in there. On some bikes running the engine breather directly to it makes power by scavenging the bottom end, on my GSXR1000 it was worth a couple of horsepower but bear in mind with some clubs it is an illegal mod as you 'could' be blowing engine oil out your exhaust ppe and onto the track :cry:

I would do turbo with nitrous, but thats just me

Senior Member Amateur
    Here I thought Kawi's had all the motor anyone needed? :?

Good news is my Samco's and other bits showed up. As soon as I finish loading my Cessna full of blow I'm getting out of Colombia.

Damn its hace sol down here! 8)
    303 Cycle | FaceBook | Twitter | Google Plus |

MRA #161 : 2014 Sponsors - Bell, Knox, Silkolene, Forma Boots, Chicken Hawk Racing, Bazzaz

Senior Member Amateur
    How are you mounting your rectifier? I didn't want to buy the kit harness and
    I was in no mood to re-route factory harness. :twisted:

Senior Member Amateur
    I think for the rectifier I'm going to make a braket by the overflow or if I can't sqeeze it in there make a braket with dzus to mount it in the stock location on the race bodywork.

Anyhow got the block offs installed, race air filter, and Samco hose kit this past weekend. Up next will be the FI system (PCV) and a HM quickshifter setup. Of course Armor Bodies bodywork is on the way this week as well. :wink:

One question about suspension:
    I was looking at a Ohlins 30mm kit for the front and a TTX for the rear. I'm pretty set on the TTX but I've been hearing mixed reviews on the 30mm and the 25mm kit is almost non-existant. What other options for the front forks on this thing? Race Tech, Taction Dynamics?
    Would like to keep this local as well and support whomever I can as.

MRA #161 : 2014 Sponsors - Bell, Knox, Silkolene, Forma Boots, Chicken Hawk Racing, Bazzaz

Call Dave Rose up at STM Suspension 970 682-2071. He'll get you set up with the best stuff at whatever price point you're looking for and help you get it set up.
    http://wolfbrigade217.blogspot.com/
    2014 VP of Rules & Tech
    MRA#217
    Th'ink Tank Tattoo, The Walnut Room, Rocky Mountain Kawasaki, STM Suspension, Sol Performance, Pirelli, Speedmetal, BloodNickel, MadMoto, Puma, Woodcraft, Armor Bodies, VonZipper, and
    Lacy

Senior Member Expert
    I used to buy cool suspension stuff, it impressed people and did an ok job, but once Dave revalved it my suspension worked awesome! Get the suspension (any suspension components) revalved to the rider and track before you go any further.

I have even ridden on stock OEM fork components (revalved/shimmed) that worked better than some fancy drop ($$$) in suspension components. Having an incredible suspension tuner is more valuable than buying off-the-shelf stuff.

Senior Member Amateur
    Those green hoses look sick!

Senior Member Amateur
    Getting closer. Are DB winsdcreens allowed for novice or does someone still have sand in their vag about that? :wink:

Pretty sure its all good. Db's are even cool is SS.
    Louis J Ortiz Jr.
    L & L Racing #23

Mad-Moto, Scorpion EXO, Galfer USA, Sol Performance, Pirelli, Vortex, Uber Wheels Photography.

Senior Member Amateur
    I'd put some frame sliders on that beast. Saved me a whole lot of money in repairs on my low side.
    MRA Novice #215
    2009 ZX6R
    Gebhardt VW

Senior Member Amateur
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayniac
    I'd put some frame sliders on that beast. Saved me a whole lot of money in repairs on my low side.
    +1
    MRA # 157
    2010 Ducati 1198S
    2009 Indian Chief Roadmaster
    2012 Ducati 796 Monster
    2004 Ducati 749S
    SW Scooternews, Sol Performance/Pirelli, Rudy Project, TYGA Performance, Boulder Motorsports, Woodcraft, Nitron Racing Shocks, Shorai

Senior Member Amateur
    Yup, I have some Woodcraft's ready to go, just have to mount them up. I just wanted to get everything else fitted and mounted up before I cut them in.

Senior Member Amateur
    I recommend ordering the long slider to put on the left side of the machine because it doesn't stick out as far as the right side with the short slider. I've noticed the tank got damaged on the left side of those with the shorty on the left.
    MRA Novice #215
    2009 ZX6R
    Gebhardt VW

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12