so this is the breakdown of "MY" mra weekend at PPIR:

friday prac: $100
saturday endurance and sunday races(3 including ROR):$390

race fuel ($8/gal hpr sunoco): $120 (15 gal)
tires (all used no new tires, valued roughly $200 set): $600 (3 sets)
truck fuel to the track: $75 (i live 40 mins away)
food: $70

no hotel fees: $0 (add in $250 for everyone else)

that's $1600 for the weekend.

I feel this is a fair perspective of how much it costs. maybe even on the low side.

If i were to eliminate friday, I would cut out about $450-$550 of expenses (pretend like Im staying at a hotel)

all the people that run endurance on sunday would still pay the practice fees to ride all day sat and I'd think you'd get more people showing up to ride on sat and that much extra money from them.

now all you have to do nix the endurance races, and move the other races to sunday... easy, right?.....

for some reason getting a race weekend to average around $1000 seems like a easier bill to handle than almost double that.

Look.... all im saying is this: I am a very resourceful person, and even doing things on the cheap, I still spent $1600+ dollars to race( granted I signed up late, somewhat purposefully because i knew the club needed money, but i still bitched about how much it cost...). maybe some of these other people out there who aren't so resourceful are spending more than that and it's driving them away? a $2000 race weekend is just not realistic, and there's probably alot of people out there spending close to that, they may not be admitting to it, because they don't look at their credit card statements and just go with it, or maybe they are and saying whoa.... im not showing up because of this.