Quote Originally Posted by evomach
On a separate note: The race fees for MoM are actually inline with the MRA fees. It cost me $205 to race 3 races with MoM. It cost me $220(pre reg) to race 3 races with MRA. Additional races seem to cost the same too except MoM has 1 race @$30 before $20/ea for additionals at both clubs. The difference is Sat practice which is currently $125 for MoM, but that is for basically a full trackday of practice vs the couple short sessions with MRA.
This is not actually the case. For any given rider on Saturday there is a total of 65 minutes of track time THEN and additional 35 minutes on Sunday which is included with the race registration. (Note: if anyone still has a detailed raceday schedule, please feel free to correct me on my totals.) By the numbers posted in this thread that is actually more practice time than a full lapping day Miller, and is not an additional $125 fee to the race registration. So in these examples there is actually more track time with the MRA and is only 2/3 of the cost. Not quite Tony's claim of half, but enough to get anyone thinking about it.

Assuming the USBA sprints are the same length as the MRA's, roughly the same track time as the three sprints you signed up for with the USBA can be had with one regularly scheduled MRA endurance with aforementioned practices included. With the MRA's 2011 price structure, this makes race registration with the USBA more than 4 times the cost of the MRA for the same amount of track time.