Thread: Camouflaged camera in turn three at PPIR

Junior Member Novice

Camouflaged camera in turn three at PPIR

Joe Turek, number 59, has told me several people have asked about the camouflaged camera in turn three at PPIR. My name is Roger Oakey and I’m the photographer who set that camera up. It was my first experiment with tethered shooting and resulted in more potential rather than good pictures this time out unfortunately.

Because I was using a wide-angle lens it required the rider to be fairly close to where I guessed the apex of the turn would be. In many shots the rider was too far away and resulted in a fairly small subject in the middle of the picture. But for what it's worth, here are a couple of the better pictures:

Unfortunately I set the camera up to be pointing towards the approaching rider rather than perpendicular to the corner, which also resulted in a small subject. To show you some of the potential I think this camera position has, this [poor] picture gives you an example of how dominating the subject can be in a picture where the rider is close to the camera:

Next time I set up the camera it’ll be perpendicular to the corner and zoom in just a touch.

There are a few pictures that are fairly decent; allow me to go through them and figure out what bike numbers I have pictures of and I will publish the numbers here and those riders, if they're interested, can contact me via e-mail and I'll e-mail copies of the pictures to you.

Lastly, as riders, if you have any suggestions as how I can better camouflage the camera to keep it from distracting you during your races I would appreciate hearing some suggestions!

Roger
    roakeyatunderctekdotcom

Senior Member Amateur
    Cool pics!

Senior Member Expert
    Reminds me of Adam lichtys photos