We take the total amount of entries, in dollars, and divide it by the number of racers entered.

HPR round 6 there was a total of $22,810 in entries
There were 125 paid entries

That's $182.48

We don't count SuperStreet entries in the race entry income category.

I don't have the exact breakdown of how many spent how much, in what classes.. (but I can get that given some time...) but I can tell you that many do just endurance, that drags down the average horribly. Many others do just two or three races ($190 - $220).

Very very few riders spend $320 in entry fees. You'd have to do 4 sprints and both endurance, or 8 sprints to spend that kind of money. Only Shannon Moham runs that many classes...

For almost "any" bike you could possibly want to race, there are at least 4 opportunities per weekend to race said bike. Many bikes are eligible for 7 races or more... Pick a bike, and a skill level - then look at all the classes you can run in - you'll see.

There is no lack of opportunity to spend money, or classes to race in.

There is a lack of money to spend.

What I'm bent about is that we ARE running a program that is both successful and profitable; and for most people (though apparently not all people) enjoyable. What in the world would cause anyone to suggest that we completely discard what we're doing and try something that is not well thought out, or at all based in fact or reality is beyond me.

Maybe Apple should pitch the IPhone altogether and offer just a tablet, because some people prefer the larger screen of a tablet?

Maybe Ducati should pitch the V-Twin and go solely with an 8 cylinder W, because some people don't like the sound of twins?

This is what has me all riled up...