Quote Originally Posted by T Baggins
If we had even 40 racers attend a 2012 travel date at Miller, I'd be totally amazed. We can't even get 1/2 of our racers to travel to Pueblo ('cause it's too far and they have to pay hotel....) - how that would be better for a Miller date is beyond me?
I understand you've determined it's likely a general end of year issue as opposed to an issue with a specific track. Using MMP as Rd7 was based on it being the last round of the season not in order to replace PPIR

The fact that you estimate only getting 61 racers to a local last round or maybe 40 racers to an MMP last round actually is the reason I suggested MMP would be a better option for the MRA. You would be losing money at your local last round because about 140 of the 200 licensed racers do not show. By making your last round at MMP the MRA would be providing a top tier venue for the small number of "full season" racers to race and complete their season, but the MRA would not be in a position to lose money since all the track rental, insurance, etc.. would be the UtSBA's responsiblity. At the same time, the UtSBA would be more than happy to receive an extra 40 racers to race and help cover THEIR expenses for putting on the round

By having the UtSBA reciprocate and make your rd6 HPR round a MoM rd as well, you will see additional racers to add income for that rd. So the final 2 rds should result in an overall profit for the MRA as opposed the expected losses based on current participation. That leaves you with only the first 5 rds to worry about building/keeping attendance.

I understand there already being an issue of people not going to PPIR, Pueblo, Hastings due to travel, but I think a good majority of the people who DO attend those rounds would also make the trip to MMP if it were on the schedule. The one's who weren't\aren't going to the other 3 tracks are already lost revenue anyway. I also think that by doing the combined rds you have potential to see a small increase at some of the other hpr rounds if UtSBA members decide to race in order to prepare for the official utsba rd.

On a separate note: The race fees for MoM are actually inline with the MRA fees. It cost me $205 to race 3 races with MoM. It cost me $220(pre reg) to race 3 races with MRA. Additional races seem to cost the same too except MoM has 1 race @$30 before $20/ea for additionals at both clubs. The difference is Sat practice which is currently $125 for MoM, but that is for basically a full trackday of practice vs the couple short sessions with MRA.