Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Board of Directors Nominations are CLOSED!

Resident T-Bagger Expert T Baggins's Avatar

2012 Board of Directors Nominations are CLOSED!

October 12th, 2011 – Nominations for the following board positions CLOSED at the general meeting.

Ballots will be mailed out very soon, they must be returned in person to the Annual Meeting on November 9th, or to Chaplain Boots via mail.

President - 2 yr term
    Vice President - 1 yr term
    Secretary - 2 yr term
    Track Marshal - 1 yr (proposed change to 2 years)
    Vice President of Rules and Tech -1 yr
    New Rider Director - 1 yr (proposed change to 2 years)
    (4) Four Rider Representatives - 1 yr

Anyone can be nominated by any MRA Member, but the nominee MUST become an MRA member before accepting the nomination. Nominations will CLOSE at the next General Meeting on October 12, 2011 and ballots will go out shortly thereafter.

We will continue with more clearly defined roles of Rider Reps from this point forward. In addition to being a "voice" of the racing membership, there are 4 distinct "Rider Rep Positions" and specific responsibilities that come with each:

Rulebook - responsible for knowing rulebook inside and out, compiling new rule suggestions, coordinating and conducting rulebook committee meeting, and then presenting committee recommendations to the Board. Also requires making edits, corrections, etc... to rulebook as necessary, and then preparing rulebook text for the publishing company as per their guidelines. The majority of the work in this position occurs "off season".

Trophy - responsible for contacting existing and prospective trophy sponsors to ensure classes are sponsored for race season. Must negotiate sponsorships, giving first right of refusal to returning class sponsors. Prepares and delivers invoices to trophy sponsors, and provides ongoing contact with trophy sponsors as necessary. Also responsible for contracting, ordering, and delivering trophies to MRA events and banquet. The workload for this position is fairly evenly spread throughout the calendar year.

PR Committee Chair - responsible for heading up and coordinating local/regional PR events with members and volunteers. Orders flyers, staff's events (bike nights, dealership open houses, etc...), posts on other club sites, communicates with Board regarding marketing expenditures, etc... This is NOT a one-man-band position. It requires someone who can coordinate and motivate members to attend various functions and keep tabs on ALL PR events to be sure the MRA is properly represented. This position requires attention and effort throughout the calendar year.

Press / Contingency - responsible for sending out results press releases immediately following the race weekend, primarily to Roadracing World and other race oriented magazines/websites. Updates and maintains the MRA Hotline, collects the mail from the Post Office, and cross-posts relevant information to other club sites as necessary. This position also assists the Vice President with contingency duties including contacting current and prospective contingency sponsors to ensure continued support in next season, phone and e-mail work to confirm forms, payouts, etc..., and assists in timely filing of contingency forms throughout the season. The workload for this position is year-round, but the heaviest load is immediately preceding, and during the race season.

Nominations for Rider Rep need NOT include a specific position during the nomination - HOWEVER - if you accept a nomination for Rider Rep, you must specify at least one, but not more than two positions that you'd like to be considered for. For example "I'd like to be considered for the Rulebook or PR Committee positions."
    Tony Baker #21

Sponsored by:
    Vickery Motorsports, Short Bus Race Team, 406 Racing Michelin, Vortex, PitBull, Driven, Third Bridge Wines, Imodium A-D

Nominations so far:

President

Tony Baker - Accepted

Vice President (One Year Term)

Due to the scaling back of his time commitment to the club, Scott Rybarik will be vacating the position of Vice President for 2012. As such, the MRA Board has the option to either appoint a Vice President, or put that position to the membership for a vote. We believe that because of the timing, we'd prefer to open that position up for the current election cycle. Interested parties should be nominated as per the normal procedure, and if elected will finish out the remainder of the term, which is one year.

Jim Wilson - Accepted

Secretary

Jennifer Grosse - Accepted

Track Marshal

Ray Gaimara - Accepted

VP of Rules and Tech

Bart McKiernan - Declined
    HOT Carletan Sorunsen - Accepted

New Rider Director

Jeff Brown - Accepted

Rider Rep Rulebook

Shannon Moham - Accepted

Rider Rep Press & Contingency

Kevin Finnegan - Accepted
    Scott Rybarik - Accepted
    David Mobley - Decline
    Jim Brewer - Decline
    David Neighbour - Decline
    Wyeth Jackson - Decline

Rider Rep Trophies

Aaron Fisk - Accepted
    Peter Tabor - Accepted
    Chris Fuller - Accepted

Rider Rep PR Committee

David Mobley - Accepted
    Louden David - Accepted
    Chris Fuller - Accepted
    Jim Wilson - Decline
    Erik Cromer - No Response / Decline
    Tony Baker #21

Sponsored by:
    Vickery Motorsports, Short Bus Race Team, 406 Racing Michelin, Vortex, PitBull, Driven, Third Bridge Wines, Imodium A-D

Additionally I'd like to add a revision to the By Laws again this year just as I did last year. This year I'd like the membership to consider changing the

Track Marshal

and

New Rider Director

to TWO YEAR TERMS instead of one year terms, as they are currently.

There are a couple very valid reasons for these changes, in my opinion:

1) Currently ALL but two Board Positions are up for election every year. So, theoretically, you could end up with a Board containing 9 new members. After years of serving on the Board, and especially now with our new "more business minded approach to club management", I believe it would be extremely difficult to bring 9 people all up to speed in a timely manner as learning our jobs is already very difficult and constantly changing.

2) The relationship between the Track Marshal and the Safety/Corner Crew is CRITICAL to our events. If they don't show up, we don't race. Communication and management styles vary greatly, and so having some consistency that extends beyond a single season would be greatly beneficial to the training and retention of our valuable corner crew.

3) The SuperStreet program continues to draw new riders and interest to our sport, and the curriculum and track training sessions for SuperStreet are still being tweaked and improved each round. Also our Race School program has changed, and now is integrated into a track lapping day, which has saved the club a ton of money but also created new challenges. As the New Rider Director position is critical to creating and improving our training program for new riders, I believe the consistency provided by a longer term would benefit the new riders AND the quality of the program moving forward.

Since we would want these positions to be on alternate ballots, this first go-round would elect ONE for a two-year position, and the OTHER for a one year position (then followed by alternating two-year terms in 2013).

The actual wording of the proposed change is here:

http://forums.mra-racing.org/viewtopic.php?t=13934
    Tony Baker #21

Sponsored by:

Senior Member Expert
    Thank you for the Rider Rep Press/Contingency nomination, unfortunately I have to decline. My job has picked up and it's becoming tough to keep up with board work too. Thanks to the club for letting me contribute for the past two years!
    #145 Wyeth Jackson
    Wyeth Homes Real Estate www.WyethHomes.com
    G-Force Powersports, Pirelli & Sol Performance, CT Racing, Kawasaki, Bell Helmets, TCX Boots, Vortex, Racers Edge, Un!nk Printworks, Motul, Vortex, Rising Sun Cycles, CHR, Attack Performance, NinjaTech

Senior Member Expert
    Kevin Finnegan for rider rep press/contingency
    #145 Wyeth Jackson
    G-Force Powersports, Pirelli & Sol Performance, CT Racing, Kawasaki, Bell Helmets, TCX Boots, Vortex, Racers Edge, Un!nk Printworks, Motul, Vortex, Rising Sun Cycles, CHR, Attack Performance, NinjaTech

Thank you.
    I would like to announce my acceptance for Rider Rep Trophies.
    Aaron Fisk #125
    MRA Vice President (2014-2016)
    MRA Rider Rep (2010-2013)

Senior Member Expert
    I'd like to nominate:

Chris Fuller - Rider rep - press / contingency
    MRA Expert #69
    Sponsored by: Chicane Instruction
    STM Suspension, Speedin' Motorsports
    Northern Colorado Euro Motorcycles
    Boulder Motorsports, Sol Performance Pirelli
    Angry Marmot Motorsports
    Sarah, Aaron and David

Senior Member Expert
    Nominating Jim Brewer for rider rep press/contingency
    #145 Wyeth Jackson

Senior Member Expert
    Nomination--David Mobley for rider rep press/contingency
    #145 Wyeth Jackson

Senior Member Amateur
    Quote Originally Posted by oldtimer
    Nomination--David Mobley for rider rep press/contingency
    **EDIT** -- I am declining this nomination and after discussions with Jim, Wyeth, Tony and Scott, will be ACCEPTING the nomination for the PR position instead. Thanks --
    David "MOBSTER" Mobley | MRA # 78
    Dunlop Race Tires / BlackBerry
    http://www.mobster78.com

Senior Member Expert
    Thank you for the consideration for the position.

I accept the nomination.
    Kevin #28

'07 Yamaha R6

Senior Member Expert
    Nomination Dave Neigbour for rider rep press/contingency
    #145 Wyeth Jackson

I nominate Peter Tabor for rider rep/trophies!
    AMA #395 / AARONHERSH.COM / SCORPION EXO / Madmoto / MOTOREX / WICKED PHOTOS / GEARZY / Vortex / OGIO / Leo Vince / Galfer / Pilot / MotionPro / Chicken Hawk / ODI Grips
    "The faster I go the prettier the girls look" - Nicky Hayden

Senior Member Expert
    Hi everyone -

I would like to nominate myself for the rider rep position in charge of press and contingency.

After an honest assessment of my current life roles outside of the MRA, discussing it with a number of other board members and my family I believe that it would be both best for me and the MRA if I stepped by my role a bit.

I am going to step back from the VP role, and as such that position will be on the ballot for a 1 year term during this election cycle.

I've greatly enjoyed helping to shape the MRA over the past couple of years and hope that you'll continue to allow me to serve on your board of directors in a different capacity.

-scott
    MRA Expert #69
    Angry Marmot Motorsports
    Sarah, Aaron and David

President Expert
    I'd like to second Scott Rybarik's nomination for Rider Rep-Press and Contingency

I am declining my nomination for Rider Rep - PR Committee. Thank you for letting me serve your club these past 2 years.
    MRA #29

I'd like to nominate Jim Wilson for VP.
    Ray-Ray Gaimara #16

2011-2013 Track Marshal RETIRED
    2008-2009 VP of Rules and Tech
    1996-2007 Corner worker/Head Corner worker/Airfence Caption

2017 Sponsors - Fun Centers Cycle, Ogio, Sol Performance, Vickery Motorsports

Quote Originally Posted by Ray-Ray
    I'd like to nominate Jim Wilson for VP.
    +1
    Louis J Ortiz Jr.
    L & L Racing #23

Mad-Moto, Scorpion EXO, Galfer USA, Sol Performance, Pirelli, Vortex, Uber Wheels Photography.

Senior Member Expert
    I would like to nominate David Mobley for Rider Rep in charge of the PR Committee
    MRA Expert #69
    Angry Marmot Motorsports
    Sarah, Aaron and David

I nominate Erik Cromer for rider REP/PR
    AMA #395 / AARONHERSH.COM / SCORPION EXO / Madmoto / MOTOREX / WICKED PHOTOS / GEARZY / Vortex / OGIO / Leo Vince / Galfer / Pilot / MotionPro / Chicken Hawk / ODI Grips
    "The faster I go the prettier the girls look" - Nicky Hayden

Senior Member Amateur
    Quote Originally Posted by rybo
    I would like to nominate David Mobley for Rider Rep in charge of the PR Committee
    Aceptado. Gracias mi amigo!
    David "MOBSTER" Mobley | MRA # 78
    Dunlop Race Tires / BlackBerry
    http://www.mobster78.com

Senior Member Expert
    I would like to nominate Louden David for rider rep
    Imperial Sportbikes | Performance Cycle | Galfer | Factory Effex | Motorex | AXO | Racer Gloves USA | | Woodcraft | Armour Bodies | Driven

Senior Member Expert
    I accept the nomination and I’ll run for PR committee

Member Novice
    Too late to accept nomination for Press position I take it>
    D R Neighbour

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by Nabber
    Too late to accept nomination for Press position I take it>
    David,

Not too late - the nominations are open until the next general meeting (October) and the election is at the Annual Meeting the month after that (November)

Scott
    MRA Expert #69
    Angry Marmot Motorsports
    Sarah, Aaron and David

Member Novice
    Jolly Good - I can assure all that I will hit this position Full on Full time, with no Personal Race Distraction, (unless a 848/RC8R/Factory comes along this winter!)
    D R Neighbour

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast