as one of the "both endurance races" guys, i generally like the direction of this discussion (see previous comments), but the most recent proposal more than doubles entry fees for endurance only guys and that could be tough to swallow. that being said though, how about something pretty close to $100 for any first race, and then $90 for next etc, but give a slight break to those of us who race both endurance races, so if we do 2 our second endurance race is say $60. I know, Bart, same question, why should endurance guys get a break? Only because this is what the class is and has been since it's inception, a value product. Even if the reasons that endurance exists have changed since it was started, it still represents a different product than sprints...if endurance was so great then everybody would race it, but look at chris's grid...nov and am classes typically have as many racers or more...remember the endurance races are 2 classes combined for each race, that's why they are bigger grids.

i've said this before in my previous comments that absolutely, endurance pricing has been too cheap and needs to get more in line with the other classes, but don't break out backs by raising our fees by over 100%. i love endurance and it's the reason i race...and i'll continue to do both back to back no matter what if i can afford it, even if sprints were cheaper. and what i've proposed is only giving a small break to those of us who race both (only a half dozen or so) and it still represents an over 50% increase in revenues from endurance racers, and that's not insignificant while still being good for endurance racers and reasonable for sprint racers.

in number form:

$40 increase for single race endurance racers = approx $2500 (~40 endurance entries total) revenue increase per race = $17,500 increase in revenue annually. add in the few of us who race a second endurance, you get an extra $360 a weekend and $2520 annually, so by this structure, just endurance racers alone will add $20,000 in revenue to the club if we keep the endurance entry numbers the same.