Quote Originally Posted by Clarkie
but you cant penalize a racer for not being able to make an 1100 mile return trip to another state.

Why not?

it's not a penalty. it's just the way things work out. I'd like to go to work all the Grand am races but their schedule directly conflicts the AMA's, it's just how it goes in life. Some people can make stuff happen and some cannot.

The MRA has been practicing basically the same business model for many many years, Cater to the locals who can barely afford racing, don't make them travel, and listen to them complain about superbike motors...

The MRA has always put so much emphasis on a championship series trophy that you get at the end of the year. Only a few are able to obtain this trophy goal regardless of circumstances and money. I see the club as only catering to those who are championship points orientated racers and not the weekend warriors. There's not enough championship points chasers to solely support the club so why not try to bring in more people who'll only do a few weekends. I'd rather have 30 extra racers doing 5 weekends than 10 die hards doing them all.

the AMA tried something drastically different, so different that some of factories left, but now are coming back. and if you have seen an AMA race lately, you've seen some of the closest best racing you've ever seen in decades. my point is, not to do things like the AMA, but sometimes making changes may seem like a bad idea at first, but can lead to better things in the future.