Thread: 2000 Yamaha R6, MVGTU Killer!! 6000.00

Junior Member Novice

2000 Yamaha R6, MVGTU Killer!! 6000.00

2000 Yamaha YZF-R6 race bike. This bike is one of the baddest modern vintage race bikes i have seen ever. Like I said 2000 R6 bike was completely rebuild with almost every nut and bolt replaced with oem new parts. the frame has been powdercoated black as with the swing arm.

Motor:
    2mm Overbore by millenium
    polished and knife edged crank
    carillo rods
    JE 12.5:1 compression pistons
    Head milled some not sure on exact depth
    motor is pretty fresh has about 6 sprint races on it

Electronics:
    All kit YEC electronics (ECU, Harness) on the fly ignition advance and retard
    AIM digital data logging dash setup for real time oil pressure, temp, lap times and a whole slew of other stuff.

Suspension:
    Ohlins TTX rear shock
    Ohlins conventional front forks black diamond coating (so sweet)!!!!

Brakes:
    Stock front and rear
    Brembo billet master, speigler braided lines

Exhaust:
    Arrow World SS Titanium

Carburation:
    Keihin Flatslide carbs

Radiator has been triple passed, special tank from Japan never sent to the US. CRG clutch SS ball bearing clutch assy. Carbon Fiber fairing stay. Lots more…..

Again very cool bike, worth every penny I am willing to work a bit on price if cash is involved. Bike is in almost perfect condition. It has only hit the pavement once in the rain. Needs some body work whats on it is just used and it has all my stickers on it. Could also use a chain and sprockets other than that perfect.

I dont know how to post a picture, y'all know what it looks like if ya want pics email me and i will send you a folder.

Senior Member Expert
    Hey do you know how to get a hold of the guy you bought that from? I have a question for him. Thanks!
    MRA #816
    Me
    Myself
    If you aint 1st, you're last

put some gas in her & bring her down to PPIR...I'll show ya MV killer! j/k ; P GLWS
    AMA #395 / AARONHERSH.COM / SCORPION EXO / Madmoto / MOTOREX / WICKED PHOTOS / GEARZY / Vortex / OGIO / Leo Vince / Galfer / Pilot / MotionPro / Chicken Hawk / ODI Grips
    "The faster I go the prettier the girls look" - Nicky Hayden

Resident T-Bagger Expert T Baggins's Avatar
    send me a pix

mra21@hotmail.com
    Tony Baker #21

Sponsored by:
    Vickery Motorsports, Short Bus Race Team, 406 Racing Michelin, Vortex, PitBull, Driven, Third Bridge Wines, Imodium A-D

Junior Member Novice
    that dude dissapeared, if you have any questions about the bike i can answer them I know it inside and out.

I wanna race all the races, priorities called and said i needed a house, no worries mates, I will be back

Junior Member Novice
    pics sent

Where are you coming up with a $6000 price point? No offense to your bike but there are many others on sale in this forum that are newer built better and less expensive. I hate to say it but your looking at a niche market and will have to dump it for like 1500.

Junior Member Novice
    lol...yur funny and obviously do not know about motorcycles or race bikes. It is a niche market but somebody will want it just like I did or anyone else who wants to race modern vintage or anything. I won a championship on this bike against everyone else who had the brand new stuff, think what you want in the end you wish you had the 6k to buy it, GET A JOB!!

Senior Member Expert
    ( subscribing. this is good. )
    dave@MotoSix DOT com | MRA #31, WERA #311

Mohammer Time! Expert
    Send me a pic as well

Senior Member Amateur
    My 06 with a supersport motor is up for sale for $3800. I lol'd hard at your 6g asking price. GLWS.
    http://www.motopartslist.com
    Buy, Sell, or Trade your used parts and accessories.
    Brad Hampton - RMMM / COSM #206

Resident T-Bagger Expert T Baggins's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vort3xr6
    My 06 with a supersport motor is up for sale for $3800. I lol'd hard at your 6g asking price. GLWS.
    You guys have no idea what Ian's bike is...

50% of the bike is pure "unobtanium", and the rest is one-off (or better!) custom parts.

When Jim Bird first built it, he had over $18K into it, and there's Ohlins forks on it now which Ian has added.

"We mock what we don't understand." - Austin Millbarge, Spies Like Us
    Tony Baker #21

Sponsored by:
    Vickery Motorsports, Short Bus Race Team, 406 Racing Michelin, Vortex, PitBull, Driven, Third Bridge Wines, Imodium A-D

Senior Member Amateur
    An item is only worth what somebody is willing to pay.

If this is Ian's bike from NovU last year than the a-hole comments from him make complete sense. And yes that bike is fast.
    http://www.motopartslist.com
    Buy, Sell, or Trade your used parts and accessories.
    Brad Hampton - RMMM / COSM #206

Senior Member Expert
    (insert catchy image here)

This thread is useless without pics.
    dave@MotoSix DOT com | MRA #31, WERA #311

Senior Member Expert
    Kevin #28

'07 Yamaha R6

Senior Member Expert
    I've ran around the track following this bike on my 06 R6 and all I can say is this thing is FAST! Very nice well built machine.
    Casey D

President Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by T Baggins
    and there's Ohlins forks on it now which Ian has added.
    and those are FG270 superbike forks, not the road & track street versions. sold for $7000 new at one time.
    MRA #29

Junior Member Novice
    Thanks everyone who knows what their talkin about, lol, fng's...i dont even really have to sell it!! I just want to buy a house and be more comfortable than not..i never said it was rossi's superbike, its just a very well built bike by one of the best moto wrenches i have ever seen. Worth every penny in my opinion even if u wanna put replica bodywork on it and park it in yur friggin living room!

U tell em malcom x .......

Seriously tho ... I did the machine work to get the forks and calipers to mount on this beast .... It has every single trick ass part known to Jesus ... The motor build is well over 4 k and the forks are Freekin nuttz ...
    #213, still droppin the hammer, butt holes!!! ( 2016 RIDER REP )

SYNDICATE RACING, SOAPOINT GRAPHICS, BLOODNICKEL LEATHERS, PIRELLI / SOL ,SCORPION HELMETS, MAD-MOTO, SPEARS RACING , AMSOIL, VORTEX, SIDI , ROCKY MOUNTAIN MINIMOTO, THE ALTAR BRIDAL, BLU CRU , COYOTE MOTORSPORTS

Senior Member Expert
    So when was the last time a vintage bike won a championship other than in the vintage class, oh that would be never until this bike and Ian. Forgot Moham has as well but he's the oddball running the old SV.
    Seriously this bike is a irreplaceable one off wonder with way more money in it than 3/4 of the bikes in the pit, what you are looking at is in essence a brand new 99 R6 superbike and will still whip most modern 600 supersport bikes.
    The sheer amount of money tied up in this machine is obscene and before you question the money go look at the list of whats on there and what it costs, 1200 in carbs 1200 in rods 2200 in the pistons and bore job dash in the 2000 range one off Ohlins TTx shock and only one other is in existence 2400 dollar world spec full Ti Arrow pipe and the list goes on.
    When I built this bike for Bird it was all new out of the box parts so we are not talking about a reworked race bike that had been hammered for years and then refreshed no we are talking about a brand spanking new vintage killer and 6 grand is to cheap.

Senior Member Expert
    GLWS, coming into winter you will get lowballs, keep the sale hand strong!

Junior Member Novice
    Bartman you are the Shiznit!! I may have to flip a coin, heads I sell her, tails I keep her.........

Senior Member Expert
    if i could sell my damn street R1 I'd buy this thing in a heart beat! Awesome bike and agree with every word out of Barts mouth....Bike is unreal for the cost you are selling for!...been behind you with my ss motor and the low end on that bike makes my balls explode. GLWS and if I do end up selling the r1 here I'll be a calling..... On another note if MR. Bird every shows his face in CO please let me know...I have a shiny present awaiting!

What polished turd are you working on now for the following years?????
    Lifetime novice.... #969

l ______
    /l ,[____],
    l---L -[]lllllll[]-
    ()_) ()_)----)_)

Senior Member Expert
    In process of robbing bank.... Need this bike...

When JB was selling it I tried everything I could to get the dough... Some Dbag snagged it ahead of me... LOL :wink:

That bike is one of the best bikes Ive ever seen new or old has so many parts I cant get if I had unlimited funds available. The new owner of that will be one lucky SOB !!!