Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: PPIR Round #7 Update

Member Amateur
    I wonder if HPR would be willing to work with that...

It might be tough for round 8 because everyone is broken and battered, but it's something to keep in mind for the future
    - Joe

Senior Member Expert
    Regarding a lapping day, while that also potentially opens it up to street riders so a greater audience, we had a hell of a time getting our Chicane day populated as well (and that's with free instructors, lunch provided, vendor support, giveaways, etc). If you can't get the racers to sign up for round 8, I don't think it'd be prudent to bet the farm on an MRA-run lapping day either. Just my $0.02 though. People may really just be that broke or broken right now.
    MotoLlama Racing
    www.motolla.ma
    www.facebook.com/MotoLlama
    Twitter @MotoLlama
    Llama Schwag! www.cafepress.com/motollama
    #321! Supported by Western Ambulance, ProRT, Chicane Trackdays, Single Track Mind, Rebellion, Vanmar, Wicked Photos, and my family.

President Expert
    Even if we get the loss below 5000 at PPIR, that's still not considered doing ok. What some of you still don't realize is that we need to have a set amount of money in the bank account in order to cover our off-season expenses such as track deposits for 2012, banquet, etc. If we lose 5000 next weekend and then hold HPR and lose 5000, it put's your club in an adverse financial position.
    MRA #29

Senior Member Amateur
    Quote Originally Posted by UglyDogRacing
    Even if we get the loss below 5000 at PPIR, that's still not considered doing ok. What some of you still don't realize is that we need to have a set amount of money in the bank account in order to cover our off-season expenses such as track deposits for 2012, banquet, etc. If we lose 5000 next weekend and then hold HPR and lose 5000, it put's your club in an adverse financial position.
    jim, i absolutely realize this and was putting up some numbers based on tony's minimums, but as i mentioned, just a few more racers and we could actually get close to breaking even for round 7. whether round 8 goes down or not, at least we could be reasonably sure that the club has enough money in the bank to pay 2012 track deposits, insurance premiums, banquet costs, equipment replacement etc. as well as possibly weathering a small loss for round 8 that still leaves the club viable for 2012. 3 years now of a shitty economy i think is slowly eroding the ability of people to race, and that's where the club finds itself. at least we're alive, even if on life support a bit as we've all heard about so many clubs that have had to fold in the last few years. it's a testament to the board (and the racers who make it out every weekend, or as many as they can) that the mra has been able to stay alive during such difficult times. i am pretty confident that whenever the economy turns back around the club will be healthy again and we'll have packed grids.

Resident T-Bagger Expert T Baggins's Avatar
    You're absolutely right Mike... and I'll add that:

even if the economy doesn't turn around, the MRA will continue to race - and make adjustments to the schedule, etc... to ensure that we have someplace to race well into the future.

We're in a much better position than we've been in a long time (meaning we actually DO have enough money set aside to ensure a 2012 season) and we're not going to allow that to dissolve in a couple crappy turnout weekends.

This is the primary difference over years past - in that we have the ability to control the outcome. Previously we did not have that option.
    Tony Baker #21

Sponsored by:
    Vickery Motorsports, Short Bus Race Team, 406 Racing Michelin, Vortex, PitBull, Driven, Third Bridge Wines, Imodium A-D

I'm signed in ...... Cya next weekend
    #213, still droppin the hammer, butt holes!!! ( 2016 RIDER REP )

SYNDICATE RACING, SOAPOINT GRAPHICS, BLOODNICKEL LEATHERS, PIRELLI / SOL ,SCORPION HELMETS, MAD-MOTO, SPEARS RACING , AMSOIL, VORTEX, SIDI , ROCKY MOUNTAIN MINIMOTO, THE ALTAR BRIDAL, BLU CRU , COYOTE MOTORSPORTS

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray-Ray
    Quote Originally Posted by Fastt Racing
    Rybo. Tom's post made perfect sense from the begining. Now YOUR'RE the one confused: TRUE. LOL I'm signed up for 5 f-ing races again, and donating to the safety fund like always. I am so broke I don't know which way is up. Hopefully the 2 destroyed tires I own will barely get me through the weekend. I will donate my Novice #151 if Technojoe gives me the money to donate! Otherwise I would have to move the decimal point two places to the left ($1.51), hahaha. Way to come up with some creative ways to help our club everyone! Now all we need is a bunch of racers with good jobs next season.....
    Hey Dennis - If your gonna donate your number please don't expect the money to come from one of my corner workers they bust their ass all season so YOU can race.

Thanks,
    Ray
    Yes sarcasm. That dosen't make any sense to donate my number with someone elses money :wink: I donate to "OUR" corner workers, not the other way around Technojoe I returned your PM. I think we might be able to get another rider to attend PPIR with our efforts. Thanks a bunch!
    Dennis Stowers MRA #151
    2021-2023 MRA BoD Rider Representative - Rulebook
    Absolute Moto-Michelin
    Speedin' Motorsports

Member Amateur
    I'm not in the drama-ness

I put in a donation to MRA this morning as 'open to anyone'. I'd like to see someone who's on the fence about even being there at all take advantage of a slight discount
    - Joe

Senior Member Expert
    Once again, Technojoe you're the man. I'm tryin to recruit a couple people on the fence either way. I Just want to see a good turnout, and enjoy the weekend. I think with this camraderie we may just be able to limit the PPIR loss a lttle. Thanks everyone!
    Dennis Stowers MRA #151
    2021-2023 MRA BoD Rider Representative - Rulebook
    Absolute Moto-Michelin
    Speedin' Motorsports

Senior Member Amateur
    This is a tough situation.....as a newb I had no idea how much it cost for the club to get together and have a race weekend. I hope round 8 does happen. Regardless, I'll sign up for the track day or the round if it happens. You can count on me being a full time racer next season. Thanks for having the SuperStreet class. I think its the best way to get new racers, worked for me. See ya at PPIR.

Junior Member Novice
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayniac
    This is a tough situation.....as a newb I had no idea how much it cost for the club to get together and have a race weekend. I hope round 8 does happen. Regardless, I'll sign up for the track day or the round if it happens. You can count on me being a full time racer next season. Thanks for having the SuperStreet class. I think its the best way to get new racers, worked for me. See ya at PPIR.
    I will be bringing some friends and family to come and watch the races.
    I am unable to do the superstreet but I will try to bring friends to come and check the MRA club.
    Why drink and drive when you can smoke and fly

Member Novice
    I will be paying for the Super Street class tonight, I also talked 2 other riders in doing the Super Street so you will have 3 new sign ups for Super Street and I will also be paying for over 15 people at the gate to help out. Not saying I am all that but I do my best to help out everyone at MRA. You guys rock and always put a smile on my face. Also everyone at the track a big thanks to everyone that helps out in every way. To the racers that help out in SuperStreet THANK YOU I have had so many people help out and not ask for 1cent. I am very Greatful =)

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by sneakyhonda
    I will be paying for the Super Street class tonight, I also talked 2 other riders in doing the Super Street so you will have 3 new sign ups for Super Street and I will also be paying for over 15 people at the gate to help out. Not saying I am all that but I do my best to help out everyone at MRA. You guys rock and always put a smile on my face. Also everyone at the track a big thanks to everyone that helps out in every way. To the racers that help out in SuperStreet THANK YOU I have had so many people help out and not ask for 1cent. I am very Greatful =)

Awesome!!
    Jeff Brown, #277
    "What can Brown do for you!"
    2011-2022 New Rider Director
    2008-2010 MRA Rider Representative

Junior Member Novice
    Just a note that, while I cannot attend PPIR as a spectator or to try the SuperStreet as I had hoped (due to extremely poor planning on my part), I will be signing up and pre-registering for SuperStreet at HPR if Round 8 happens. Hope all goes well at PPIR.

Senior Member Amateur
    Since I'm a broke ass too, I'll donate any photo purchases from now till PPIR to the MRA. Either it be via paypal or through my website. This is for any photo from this year, Round 1 through Round 6, either a digital copy, or a print (still have to cover cost to get the print done).

Links to each round can be found here.
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

Senior Member Amateur
    Already have 1 order! Last day to help out the club through my site.
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

Senior Member Amateur
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadwick929
    Great job man!
    MRA #88

Senior Member Amateur
    What time do the gates open tomorrow morning?

MRA #888 Triumph 675.

Senior Member Amateur
    Quote Originally Posted by graphite675

7am. I asked Tony the same thing.
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

Senior Member Expert
    Order sent!
    MRA Expert #69
    Sponsored by: Chicane Instruction
    STM Suspension, Speedin' Motorsports
    Northern Colorado Euro Motorcycles
    Boulder Motorsports, Sol Performance Pirelli
    Angry Marmot Motorsports
    Sarah, Aaron and David

Senior Member Amateur
    Quote Originally Posted by graphite675

7am. I asked Tony the same thing.
    Thanks. ^ That's going to be tight getting setup and ready in the morning to make a 8am practice start.

MRA #888 Triumph 675.

Senior Member Amateur
    Quote Originally Posted by rybo
    Order sent!
    Nice! \/ Turning out to be a nice donation to the MRA.
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123