Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: PPIR Round #7 Update

Senior Member Amateur
    No, no no. You can AlSO move it left one place if you have a 2-digit number, but you have to donate in engine size in that case.

I'll draw you a picture in the dirt with a stick next time I see you.
    Tom
    MRA #416

Senior Member Expert
    so I pulled out the etch -a -sketch and came up with this:

1 digit number - Donate your number

2 digit number - Donate your number OR Donate your engine size with the decimal moved one position to the left.

3 digit number - Donate your number with the decimal moved one position to the left

do I have that right?
    MRA Expert #69
    Sponsored by: Chicane Instruction
    STM Suspension, Speedin' Motorsports
    Northern Colorado Euro Motorcycles
    Boulder Motorsports, Sol Performance Pirelli
    Angry Marmot Motorsports
    Sarah, Aaron and David

Senior Member Amateur
    Close. You just missed these options:

3 digit number - Donate the whole damn number.

Any digit number or engine size - Move the decimal 1 place to the right and donate that if you want.
    Tom
    MRA #416

Junior Member Novice
    If I sign up today the money doesn't go until Tues or so? Either way I'll sign up before the end of Fri. NovO & U is all I can do, need tires this round.

Senior Member Expert
    I was going to donate, but got lost somewhere around the square root of my race number divided by the cosine of my engine's oil capacity or some damn thing. I think I will just stick to my plan of covering a couple superstreet racers' endurance fees if they convert to full licenses in time for PPIR.
    MotoLlama Racing
    www.motolla.ma
    www.facebook.com/MotoLlama
    Twitter @MotoLlama
    Llama Schwag! www.cafepress.com/motollama
    #321! Supported by Western Ambulance, ProRT, Chicane Trackdays, Single Track Mind, Rebellion, Vanmar, Wicked Photos, and my family.

Senior Member Amateur
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray-Ray
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayniac
    I'll do it...as long as I can run my "street bike" I haven't gotten it wired or have a belly pan. But I'd rather start racing novice now, instead of next year.
    Regardless, I'm signed up for SS and can't wait!

Sorry....Can't race it unless your bike will pass a full MRA tech. Which means it has to be safety wired, belly pan and no lights ect...
    I figured as much, 10 days just isn't enough time to get bodywork, and safety wire the whole bike. It was a very generous offer non the less. I'm still excited for the SS race. I'll have all winter to get my bike ready.

Senior Member Amateur
    Quote Originally Posted by phildrummond
    Close. You just missed these options:

3 digit number - Donate the whole damn number.

Any digit number or engine size - Move the decimal 1 place to the right and donate that if you want.
    How about this, Tom: We'll put on our big-boy leathers and race in NovU? You, me, maybe a few more adventurous folks, back of the pack for basically none of the marbles?

Truthfully, I am considering it but wouldn't want to screw up any of the front runners. Is there any precedent for adding a 1-time-only 'friendly' race to raise some dough? I know Saturday is already crammed with races, and perhaps it's totally not feasible, but I think it would be cool to have a fund raising ride (notice I didn't say fund raising 'DRIVE'). Is there any way to make it happen, powers that be?
    MRA #88

Member Amateur
    Anybody else want some cash to enter a race? I can throw some in. I'll be cornerworking so I wouldn't be able to ride anyway.

Ray Ray can forward my funds from cornerworking that weekend to the MRA as well.
    - Joe

Quote Originally Posted by tecknojoe
    Anybody else want some cash to enter a race? I can throw some in. I'll be cornerworking so I wouldn't be able to ride anyway.

Ray Ray can forward my funds from cornerworking that weekend to the MRA as well.
    Ur a pimp
    #213, still droppin the hammer, butt holes!!! ( 2016 RIDER REP )

SYNDICATE RACING, SOAPOINT GRAPHICS, BLOODNICKEL LEATHERS, PIRELLI / SOL ,SCORPION HELMETS, MAD-MOTO, SPEARS RACING , AMSOIL, VORTEX, SIDI , ROCKY MOUNTAIN MINIMOTO, THE ALTAR BRIDAL, BLU CRU , COYOTE MOTORSPORTS

Senior Member Expert

Joe -

You rock. Thank you.
    MRA Expert #69
    Sponsored by: Chicane Instruction
    STM Suspension, Speedin' Motorsports
    Northern Colorado Euro Motorcycles
    Boulder Motorsports, Sol Performance Pirelli
    Angry Marmot Motorsports
    Sarah, Aaron and David

Senior Member Expert
    +3
    Kevin #28

'07 Yamaha R6

Dude! Are you sure?? That's AWESOME!
    Ray-Ray Gaimara #16

2011-2013 Track Marshal RETIRED
    2008-2009 VP of Rules and Tech
    1996-2007 Corner worker/Head Corner worker/Airfence Caption

2017 Sponsors - Fun Centers Cycle, Ogio, Sol Performance, Vickery Motorsports

Member Amateur
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray-Ray

Dude! Are you sure?? That's AWESOME!
    I've never been in it for the money, I'm there to learn about racing. It's someone else's turn now.

But I think I'm finally gonna try to start racing at the beginning of next season :twisted:
    - Joe

Member Novice
    Just added another race for PPIR. Racing all classes I can now. Lets make this happen!
    Jeremy Widmann
    MRA #990
    Sol Performance - Pirelli, Leo Vince, Honda, Syndicate

Senior Member Expert
    Rybo. Tom's post made perfect sense from the begining. Now YOUR'RE the one confused: TRUE. LOL I'm signed up for 5 f-ing races again, and donating to the safety fund like always. I am so broke I don't know which way is up. Hopefully the 2 destroyed tires I own will barely get me through the weekend. I will donate my Novice #151 if Technojoe gives me the money to donate! Otherwise I would have to move the decimal point two places to the left ($1.51), hahaha. Way to come up with some creative ways to help our club everyone! Now all we need is a bunch of racers with good jobs next season.....
    Dennis Stowers MRA #151
    2021-2023 MRA BoD Rider Representative - Rulebook
    Absolute Moto-Michelin
    Speedin' Motorsports

Quote Originally Posted by Fastt Racing
    Rybo. Tom's post made perfect sense from the begining. Now YOUR'RE the one confused: TRUE. I'm signed up for 5 f-ing races again, and donating to the safety fund like always. I am so broke I don't know which way is up. Hopefully the 2 destroyed tires I own will barely get me through the weekend. I will donate my Novice #151 if Technojoe gives me the money to donate! Otherwise I would have to move the decimal point two places to the left ($1.51), hahaha. Way to come up with some creative ways to help our club everyone! Now all we need is a bunch of racers with good jobs next season.....
    Hey Dennis - If your gonna donate your number please don't expect the money to come from one of my corner workers they bust their ass all season so YOU can race.

Thanks,
    Ray
    Ray-Ray Gaimara #16

2011-2013 Track Marshal RETIRED
    2008-2009 VP of Rules and Tech
    1996-2007 Corner worker/Head Corner worker/Airfence Caption

2017 Sponsors - Fun Centers Cycle, Ogio, Sol Performance, Vickery Motorsports

Senior Member Amateur
    so at this point we need to make up a $4k deficit to get to the maximum allowable loss for round 8 to go , so if just 20 more racers sign up for 2 sprints, that's it, and round 8 is on. assuming we get 10 super street guys, that's another $1k, which means that we could still have a full season with just 15 more racers signing up for 2 sprints this weekend.

tony, scott, i assume you'll leave pre-reg open for a few more days to give people a chance to signup late and get the numbers over the top so we can have round 8? hell, get another 5 super streeters and another 10 racers and the club might even break even this round.

cheerleader i am not, but it would really suck to lose the last round at hpr, so here's to a few more people stepping up and racing or donating.

save some $$$ and use your tires from the last hpr round since ppir is essentially all left turns. or, race ppir on new tires and use those at the last hpr round. i did that after the first ppir and it worked out great. that right there saves you the entire cost of entry for 2 sprints at BOTH of the last 2 rounds. there will be so much collective sadness if round #8 doesn't go down, plus, i'll have to start my antidepressant regime that much earlier. :-)

Senior Member Amateur
    Quote Originally Posted by nobasin
    i'll have to start my antidepressant regime that much earlier. :-)
    all of us will and you know thats just as expensive as signing up for 2 sprints!!
    MRA #406
    406 Racing
    Michelin
    Speedin Motorsports
    RockyMtnPhotos
    STM Suspension
    Custom Collision Repair
    420science.com

Senior Member Expert
    ...since ppir is essentially all right turns.
    Ok I realize I'm no #1 plate holder or anything, but I'm pretty sure I know left from right, and unless you're running PPIR backwards it's going to weigh heavily on the left side of your tire.
    MotoLlama Racing
    www.motolla.ma
    www.facebook.com/MotoLlama
    Twitter @MotoLlama
    Llama Schwag! www.cafepress.com/motollama
    #321! Supported by Western Ambulance, ProRT, Chicane Trackdays, Single Track Mind, Rebellion, Vanmar, Wicked Photos, and my family.

Senior Member Amateur
    Quote Originally Posted by rforsythe
    ...since ppir is essentially all right turns.
    Ok I realize I'm no #1 plate holder or anything, but I'm pretty sure I know left from right, and unless you're running PPIR backwards it's going to weigh heavily on the left side of your tire.
    not enough coffee yet this morning. yes, left turns, left turns at ppir. you get the drift though.

Resident T-Bagger Expert T Baggins's Avatar
    Hey Mike,

I don't think there is tremendous benefit to leaving online entry on, as you can always still fax in or hand carry the entry form to the track. It's not as if once online entry is closed, you can't still participate.

Basically we differentiate between "committed, prepaid entries" and "walk-up entries" for our budgeting purposes. Both are equally important, but if we leave online entry on, then that would "take from" our expected walkup entries. Either way, people are either coming, or they're not.

And, to clarify - Round 8 is only "ON" if we don't take a beating at PPIR AND the signups for Round 8 are sufficient. We have to have approximately 160 racers at $180 a piece to break even at HPR. IMO, there's absolutely NO WAY that will happen since our best turnout of the year (not including the 4 hour) was 138 riders.

What we don't want to do is wait till the Saturday before HPR #8 to determine whether or not we're gonna run it. That puts our vendors in a tough spot, as well as traveling racers, and frankly we should give HPR the opportunity to hold a lapping day if we're not coming - and the sooner they know, the more time they have to promote it.

Bottom line is this:

We've never had to work this hard to try to drag people out to race... in 2009 we beat the drums pretty hard to save the club, but even so we cancelled rounds.

In 2011 we have the lowest number of licensed racers overall and the lowest number of participants per weekend, spending the lowest average amount on entry fees per weekend ON RECORD.

Honestly I don't know how to fix that... when even our "dyed in the wool" never miss a race guys are missing races and cutting back on entries each weekend.

Hate to be a Negative Nancy, but I think the reality is that our guys are just plain broke... :cry:
    Tony Baker #21

Sponsored by:
    Vickery Motorsports, Short Bus Race Team, 406 Racing Michelin, Vortex, PitBull, Driven, Third Bridge Wines, Imodium A-D

Senior Member Amateur
    Just signed up for my usual endurance race and also signed up for NovU for the first time ever. If I can't run the race, it'll be a $130 donation.
    MRA #88

Member Amateur
    I haven't been here long so this might be a dumb question:

Is it the same cost to have a lapping day as a race day?

ie: if it's cheaper just to have laps, can we abandon races at the last minute if there's not enough entries, and still have people riding? That way people aren't wasting resources just to get there and turn around.

I'm talking about round 8, I assume HPR is cheaper
    - Joe

Senior Member Amateur
    Quote Originally Posted by T Baggins

Hate to be a Negative Nancy, but I think the reality is that our guys are just plain broke... :cry:
    yup, as we talked about the other day, i agree, everybody is still just struggling in this economy. and i do understand that even if we do "ok" at the ppir round that doesn't guarantee round 8, but i'd like to think that we could get enough racers out for round 8 as the last blast for the year.

Resident T-Bagger Expert T Baggins's Avatar
    Joe, not a dumb question at all.

If MRA runs the lapping day, then yes - it's the same cost as running a race. We still have to insure it, staff it, rent the track, etc...

If HPR runs the lapping day, then there is NO cost to the MRA at all.
    Tony Baker #21

Sponsored by:
    Vickery Motorsports, Short Bus Race Team, 406 Racing Michelin, Vortex, PitBull, Driven, Third Bridge Wines, Imodium A-D

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast