Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PPIR Round #7 Update

Resident T-Bagger Expert T Baggins's Avatar

PPIR Round #7 Update

As of right now (9/10/11) we're at 96 riders with a total registration of $17,280 plus $876 in donations, and we "should" sell out the garages, which will net $3,200. That's a TOTAL known income of $21,356.

It cost us $29,000 to run at PPIR last time we were there, though it "should" be about $1,500 lower this time as we have limited the number of paid corner crew since it doesn't take as many to staff PPIR as it does other tracks.

So, $21,356 in income minus $27,500 in expenses...

That's an event deficit of $6,144

Now it will depend on walkups, gate and superstreet to determine if there's any chance of running the last Round at HPR in October!

How can you help?

Sign up for PPIR if you weren't planning on it otherwise. This very well could be the last round of the season, so don't "wait" for HPR in October, as it may never come...

Get your friends to sign up for PPIR, even if they know they can't come. Every entry matters, and entering and NOT riding is way cheaper than entering AND riding! :wink:

Get more guys and gals to come out for SuperStreet!

ADD a class or two, even if you don't plan on running them. It's only $30 or less to add a class for most of you, and $30 per rider would make a world of difference!

Make sure your family comes to the races, and PAYS at the gate. $10 per spectator adds up pretty quick if we get them en-masse!

GO HERE to make a donation to the club to help: http://www.mra-racing.org/secure/payment.cfm

There's no reason "not" to hold the event at PPIR, imo, as there's no guarantee that the participation at HPR will be any better - and it costs more to hold an event at HPR.

So the rest of the season will be dependent on the member's willingness and desire...

Come on MRA - show us what you got!
    Tony Baker #21

Sponsored by:
    Vickery Motorsports, Short Bus Race Team, 406 Racing Michelin, Vortex, PitBull, Driven, Third Bridge Wines, Imodium A-D

Senior Member Amateur
    Tony,
    Could I sign up for big bike classes with my bike and start in the back? Also come in on the white flag so I wont screw up points. Would this be Ok, this could also help the mra with the "money issues". Also I was wondering if there were not going to be any complaints,fines and or penalty's for me?
    Ed Duenez
    The Chicken ass KICKER!!!

RED FORCE RACING

Pinewood Wall Systems, LLC. MOTO GARAGE, SCOTT JENSEN,TRI-CITY CYCLE,

Senior Member Amateur
    just added 2 more races for the weekend!! I figured I better cover at least one other guy who cant do any more!
    MRA #406
    406 Racing
    Michelin
    Speedin Motorsports
    RockyMtnPhotos
    STM Suspension
    Custom Collision Repair
    420science.com

Quote Originally Posted by EdDuenez
    Tony,
    Could I sign up for big bike classes with my bike and start in the back? Also come in on the white flag so I wont screw up points. Would this be Ok, this could also help the mra with the "money issues". Also I was wondering if there were not going to be any complaints,fines and or penalty's for me?
    Pretty sure we could find SOMETHING to penalize and fine you for Ed... Probably Jesse too! :lol:

So long as your bike is legal for the class, you can definitely sign up and RUN it. Pulling off at the last lap is up to you, and is a very gentlemanly thing to do.

If you're bike isn't legal, then you shouldn't run it - but you can still SIGN UP for it and then just NOT run it... which allows us to "fill the grid" and bring in a little extra dough along the way.
    Tony Baker #21

Sponsored by:
    Vickery Motorsports, Short Bus Race Team, 406 Racing Michelin, Vortex, PitBull, Driven, Third Bridge Wines, Imodium A-D

Quote Originally Posted by jeff healy
    just added 2 more races for the weekend!! I figured I better cover at least one other guy who cant do any more!
    THAT'S THE SPIRIT JEFF!

Thanks man, that means a lot... and (hopefully) starts a trend. (hint, hint, hint...) :lol:
    Tony Baker #21

Sponsored by:

Senior Member Amateur
    Also if it helps I will be paying my $100 for my novice hours at the races since I am never going to get them done! Maybe another way to get some extra income from people!
    MRA #406
    406 Racing
    Michelin
    Speedin Motorsports
    RockyMtnPhotos
    STM Suspension
    Custom Collision Repair
    420science.com

Senior Member Expert
    I won't be on the grid, but I figure rather than fill it with ghost bikes which add revenue but do nothing to make the race more fun, let's actually put some people out there.

So, I will personally pay an endurance race fee for the first two Superstreet riders who convert to a race license for the PPIR event. There were 26 of you in the last round, so if just two of you go get your race license now, I will cover the entry fee for an endurance race of your choice at PPIR (LW, MW, HW, or Open).

That should get some entry fees in, and some more license revenue to the club.
    MotoLlama Racing
    www.motolla.ma
    www.facebook.com/MotoLlama
    Twitter @MotoLlama
    Llama Schwag! www.cafepress.com/motollama
    #321! Supported by Western Ambulance, ProRT, Chicane Trackdays, Single Track Mind, Rebellion, Vanmar, Wicked Photos, and my family.

Senior Member Amateur
    Applause.

Senior Member Expert
    Also if it helps I will be paying my $100 for my novice hours at the races since I am never going to get them done! Maybe another way to get some extra income from people!
    I'd prefer it if you pay 99.00 for your novice hours so the club gets the money but you lose your series points and thereby give me or others your championship position at the end of the season.
    Kevin #28

'07 Yamaha R6

Senior Member Amateur
    I'll do it...as long as I can run my "street bike" I haven't gotten it wired or have a belly pan. But I'd rather start racing novice now, instead of next year.
    Regardless, I'm signed up for SS and can't wait!

Junior Member Novice
    So I want to pre-reg for sat and sun 250 cup. With my WSMC lisense, what exactly do you guys need from me so that I can do that ASAP. Also should I just message or email Rybo for possible numbers? Thanks guys, and lookin forward to this, see ya in 10 days!!
    Thanks,
    Josh
    MWGP #666
    CVMA #666
    08- Ninja 250R
    05- ZX6R

Quote Originally Posted by Wayniac
    I'll do it...as long as I can run my "street bike" I haven't gotten it wired or have a belly pan. But I'd rather start racing novice now, instead of next year.
    Regardless, I'm signed up for SS and can't wait!

Sorry....Can't race it unless your bike will pass a full MRA tech. Which means it has to be safety wired, belly pan and no lights ect...
    Ray-Ray Gaimara #16

2011-2013 Track Marshal RETIRED
    2008-2009 VP of Rules and Tech
    1996-2007 Corner worker/Head Corner worker/Airfence Caption

2017 Sponsors - Fun Centers Cycle, Ogio, Sol Performance, Vickery Motorsports

Quote Originally Posted by zx6racer
    So I want to pre-reg for sat and sun 250 cup. With my WSMC lisense, what exactly do you guys need from me so that I can do that ASAP. Also should I just message or email Rybo for possible numbers? Thanks guys, and lookin forward to this, see ya in 10 days!!
    Go here:

http://forums.mra-racing.org/viewtopic.php?t=10953

Print off the membership application packet. Fill out the waiver and medical form too. Put N/C WSMC in for your license fee.

If you get it to Rybo by tonight via e-mail, you should be able to go in and register online by Friday night. If not, you can also fill out the "fax entry form" and we'll charge you the lower "online fee" ($20 less total).

Our rulebook is at that link too. Note that our rules are tighter than most for the 250's. If you're missing anything that our rules require, ping me and we'll see about getting you taken care of.
    Tony Baker #21

Sponsored by:

Senior Member Amateur
    Quote Originally Posted by KFinn
    I'd prefer it if you pay 99.00 for your novice hours so the club gets the money but you lose your series points and thereby give me or others your championship position at the end of the season.
    Haha I'm far from a champion!!! We need to get Pete to only pay 99!!
    MRA #406
    406 Racing
    Michelin
    Speedin Motorsports
    RockyMtnPhotos
    STM Suspension
    Custom Collision Repair
    420science.com

Junior Member Novice
    Just signed up for round 7.
    Cory Prager
    MRA Novice #226

Senior Member Expert
    Steamboat is leaving the Hookers behind in Vegas, and Flying in!!

Talk about dedication!
    Jeff Brown, #277
    "What can Brown do for you!"
    2011-2022 New Rider Director
    2008-2010 MRA Rider Representative

Senior Member Amateur
    I challange anyone to donate their current race number via the link above. I just did and kinda wish I'd picked a lower number years ago...or held the #1 plate.

Let's finish the season with all races in tact and cash on the books.
    Tom
    MRA #416

Senior Member Amateur
    Phil you are an amazing person! Can I move a decimal point!?!?
    MRA #406
    406 Racing
    Michelin
    Speedin Motorsports
    RockyMtnPhotos
    STM Suspension
    Custom Collision Repair
    420science.com

Senior Member Amateur
    I meant Tom but was looking at your screen name!! HAHA
    MRA #406
    406 Racing
    Michelin
    Speedin Motorsports
    RockyMtnPhotos
    STM Suspension
    Custom Collision Repair
    420science.com

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by phildrummond
    I challange anyone to donate their current race number via the link above. I just did and kinda wish I'd picked a lower number years ago...or held the #1 plate.

Let's finish the season with all races in tact and cash on the books.
    Tom,

I've taken you up on your challenge and donated the amount of my race number to the club. In addition I've added an endurance race to my schedule and paid for it.

Now - Bueller, where are you? (aren't you glad that Kate no longer has THAT number Tom?)

Scott
    MRA Expert #69
    Sponsored by: Chicane Instruction
    STM Suspension, Speedin' Motorsports
    Northern Colorado Euro Motorcycles
    Boulder Motorsports, Sol Performance Pirelli
    Angry Marmot Motorsports
    Sarah, Aaron and David

Member Amateur
    Quote Originally Posted by phildrummond
    I challange anyone to donate their current race number via the link above.
    Come on Bueller!! :mrgreen:

Senior Member Amateur
    Did I really just spell "challenge" wrong on the Interwebs? Eh...racer smart!
    Tom
    MRA #416

Senior Member Expert
    Waiting on the "decimal point" ruling
    Ankle Biter Racing #99
    Sol Performance--Scorpion -- Vortex Racing
    MaxFund No-Kill Animal Shelter and Adoption Center

Senior Member Amateur
    Decimal Point ruling:

Decimal may be moved to the left one place unless you have a 2-digit number. If you have a 2-digit number, you can move the decimal to the left one place but you must donate your engine in CCs.
    Tom
    MRA #416

Senior Member Expert
    jeez Tom,

You sleep deprived or something?

If I have a 2 digit number I can't move the decimal unless I have a 2 digit number?

HELP! Someone get Tom some fresh water and a couple "5 hour energy" shots.
    MRA Expert #69
    Sponsored by: Chicane Instruction
    STM Suspension, Speedin' Motorsports
    Northern Colorado Euro Motorcycles
    Boulder Motorsports, Sol Performance Pirelli
    Angry Marmot Motorsports
    Sarah, Aaron and David

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast