http://denver.craigslist.org/rvs/2576366144.html

I have a 2001 Aprilia RSV 1000 Mille for sale. I will entertain reasonable offers based on the condition stated below. Otherwise I will keep it till i fix it or part it out!

It has an 03 tail plastic on it from the previous owner. I have the rear seat and the rear cowl.
A lot of love has gone into this bike over the years. This bike is not pristine or a garage queen. I rode it.
There are lots of mods to it some of which I may forget to list but I will try to remember them all.

Mods
HID head light installed on main low beam.
High beam normally turns off low and switches to both Highs. I have modified it to add them in addition to the low beam.
Akrapovic exhaust
K&N Air filter
Factory Pro chip in the ECU.
Wired in Cig lighter adapter to power things like GPS/phones or Radar on road trips.
Galfer Wave rotors
EBC HH brake pads
Quick release Seat pins
Integrated turn signal into tail lights.
Velocity stacks
Kick stand ignition kill modified

Other Care and Info
Bought the bike from previous owner at 6900 miles in 2006
Oil changed regularly at 3000-4000 miles with Mobil 1 Full Synthetic
Air filter cleaned and oiled every 5000 miles
Replaced over the years: Speedometer sensor cable, many of the vacuum hoses, coolant to engine ice, High beams, spark plugs, battery, throttle cables push and pull, and tail light bulbs.

The Bad:
Bike was running fine and started smoking a little occasionally but not 100% of the time. It seemed to be engine temperature dependent.
Then after sitting over the winter the gas tank issue that is notorious on the plastic tanks happened. So it leaked all the fuel out in the garage.
These are the only 2 problems with the bike aside from being dirty from sitting for a year.

The bike was fantastic and I had no plans to sell until recently. Originally I intended to keep her and fix her up. I absolutely love this Aprilia and am going to be very sad to see it go since the amount of sentimental value wrapped up in it. You won't be disappointed. My friend has an 01 as well and he has over 50,000 miles on his and she is still running strong without issues. Mine has about 30,000 miles on it.

I find them more comfortable and fun than the RC51's that Honda has. It sounds supreme and the ridability of it is sooo much fun. after all these years I still can't help but giggle when I get on it for the first time after a few days of not riding one. They are so much fun.[/img]