Thread: Superstreet Thank You

Senior Member Expert

Superstreet Thank You

I like to thank all of the Instructors that helped out with the Superstreet Class this weekend (every weekend for that matter).

Having 26 entries required a lot of instructors, and everyone stepped up, and piched in. Some of those instructors raced Endurance also, putting them "Back to Back" with the Superstreet practice.

I do apologize for the slight chaos while pairing up the students with the instructors this weekend. One of our instructors had a mechanical in the Endurance race, and I was notified just a few minutes before Superstreet was up, so I had to quickly get my bike ready, suit up, etc; which left me very little time to line someone up to help on Pre-grid. So, between that, and the fact that we had 26 Students, the Pre-grid for practice didn't go exactly smooth.

I am going to make a few changes as to how we go about pairing up the riders with the instructors, so that goes smoother in the event of 20+ riders, as well as make a change so that there is more Practice Time.

Once again... Thank You! to all of the instructors that took time out their day to help out the MRA and the Superstreet Riders.

I'd also like to give props to the Superstreet Riders themselves, for putting on a great race to watch, and with only one crash. Job well done.

8)
    Jeff Brown, #277
    "What can Brown do for you!"
    2011-2022 New Rider Director
    2008-2010 MRA Rider Representative

Thanks to Brownie for making it all happen, thats a tall order for anyone. Yet you pulled it off, with help ofcourse but nice job man! I think all in all it was great!
    AMA #395 / AARONHERSH.COM / SCORPION EXO / Madmoto / MOTOREX / WICKED PHOTOS / GEARZY / Vortex / OGIO / Leo Vince / Galfer / Pilot / MotionPro / Chicken Hawk / ODI Grips
    "The faster I go the prettier the girls look" - Nicky Hayden

Senior Member Expert
    Good Job Jeff! It was a bit of a chaotic weekend for many it seemed like. In the end, you got them all out there and they got to do a race and have fun. To me that is success.
    Kevin #28

'07 Yamaha R6

You gotta expect a little chaos with 26 of us who don't know where to be or what to do! Thanks to everyone who helps put on the Superstreet class. I know it requires a lot of hand-holding for us riders, but we really appreciate it. I'm getting my own cheering section down to PPIR next round, so hopefully it'll be as much fun to watch as recent races!
    "The trick is to stop thinking of it as YOUR money." - an IRS auditor

2000 Kawaski ZX-12R
    2003 Suzuki SV1000

ps - and thank you to Chris Fuller who helped me fix several of my entries and make better use of the whole track!(even a little dirt) ops:

2000 Kawaski ZX-12R
    2003 Suzuki SV1000

Senior Member Amateur
    I'd also like to thank Brownie and all the instructors, because I know I had a great time out there, even though the ending wasn't what I had hoped for. :lol: Thanks again to the corner workers for being out there, and the guys that picked me up when my bike said no more.

Also thanks to the whole MRA family for the help throughout the weekend. It's weird going from being the photographer to the fellow racer for a day. I like it!
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

Senior Member Amateur
    Great job this weekend Brownie with the big turnout, that was one of our biggest grids of the weekend!
    #91 Triumph 675
    Thanks to: Motowheels, Woodcraft, Cogent Dynamics, Toyota, and Nikkie

Senior Member Amateur
    Thanks Brownie!! You are the one that is securing the future for this club and having 26 new riders on the Superstreet grid is a HUGE success!! When the MRA is back to having 150+ riders a weekend you will know that it is due to your efforts!! Now lets get even more for PPIR!!! Also, if you need help in the future I would be glad to do whatever I can just let me know!!
    MRA #406
    406 Racing
    Michelin
    Speedin Motorsports
    RockyMtnPhotos
    STM Suspension
    Custom Collision Repair
    420science.com

Senior Member Amateur
    I was loaded up and heading out when I saw all the superstreet guys practicing. I was shocked at how many. That's awesome. By my math, seems like Superstreet was 20+% of the bikes out there.

Nice job, Brownie! Coordinating that many newbs was a huge effort and it bodes well for future MRA girds.
    Tom
    MRA #416

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by phildrummond
    I was loaded up and heading out when I saw all the superstreet guys practicing. I was shocked at how many. That's awesome. By my math, seems like Superstreet was 20+% of the bikes out there.

Nice job, Brownie! Coordinating that many newbs was a huge effort and it bodes well for future MRA girds.
    26 to be exact!

Biggest field to date - it was a lot of fun to both teach and watch, and I'm thrilled that the program is going well.
    MRA Expert #69
    Sponsored by: Chicane Instruction
    STM Suspension, Speedin' Motorsports
    Northern Colorado Euro Motorcycles
    Boulder Motorsports, Sol Performance Pirelli
    Angry Marmot Motorsports
    Sarah, Aaron and David

Senior Member Expert
    Not gonna lie, I (and more than a few others) were waiting for one of the most epic clusterf**k's of the season when we saw the size of that grid, which probably explains some of the spectator turnout lined up on the wall.

Hat's off to you all for taking a huge group of new riders and enabling them to have one great race!
    MotoLlama Racing
    www.motolla.ma
    www.facebook.com/MotoLlama
    Twitter @MotoLlama
    Llama Schwag! www.cafepress.com/motollama
    #321! Supported by Western Ambulance, ProRT, Chicane Trackdays, Single Track Mind, Rebellion, Vanmar, Wicked Photos, and my family.

Quote Originally Posted by rforsythe
    Not gonna lie, I (and more than a few others) were waiting for one of the most epic clusterf**k's of the season when we saw the size of that grid, which probably explains some of the spectator turnout lined up on the wall.

Hat's off to you all for taking a huge group of new riders and enabling them to have one great race!
    I suppose that's why that Desmo left before the race! It's too bad, starting from front row, he could've easily had the hole shot.

2000 Kawaski ZX-12R
    2003 Suzuki SV1000

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by jbnwc

I suppose that's why that Desmo left before the race! It's too bad, starting from front row, he could've easily had the hole shot.
    Nah, he had some equipment problems. The suit he had was too tight without a back protector in it, once we added the back protector and zipped it up he simply couldn't move. He's going to come back and visit us another time -

I really wanted to hear that thing on full song.

s
    MRA Expert #69
    Sponsored by: Chicane Instruction
    STM Suspension, Speedin' Motorsports
    Northern Colorado Euro Motorcycles
    Boulder Motorsports, Sol Performance Pirelli
    Angry Marmot Motorsports
    Sarah, Aaron and David

Quote Originally Posted by rybo
    Quote Originally Posted by jbnwc

Nah, he had some equipment problems. The suit he had was too tight without a back protector in it, once we added the back protector and zipped it up he simply couldn't move. He's going to come back and visit us another time -

I really wanted to hear that thing on full song.

s
    I wanted him to be there so I could brag about beating a Desmo.

2000 Kawaski ZX-12R
    2003 Suzuki SV1000

Member Amateur
    Great job on keeping new blood flowing into the MRA, Brownie! Again, I know you have help, but I also know how much you are busting your butt as the New Rider Director. Keep it up!!

=D>
    Lisa (Kary) Clark
    Former MRA #191 and #911 ("I'll be back!!")
    2009 R-6
    2003 SV-650
    2009 CRF-250X

Senior Member Amateur
    I was wondering what happened to that guy. I wanted to sit behind him for a while and just listen to the sweet music.
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadwick929
    I was wondering what happened to that guy. I wanted to sit behind him for a while and just listen to the sweet music.
    That comment can be taken so many ways... :?
    MotoLlama Racing
    www.motolla.ma
    www.facebook.com/MotoLlama
    Twitter @MotoLlama
    Llama Schwag! www.cafepress.com/motollama
    #321! Supported by Western Ambulance, ProRT, Chicane Trackdays, Single Track Mind, Rebellion, Vanmar, Wicked Photos, and my family.

Senior Member Expert
    Great work Brownie! Superstreet and our new racers have been v successful this year, thanks to how much time and effort you've put into the job. The MRA needs and appreciates people like you who are committed!

(committed to working hard, not coo-coo) 8)
    #145 Wyeth Jackson
    Wyeth Homes Real Estate www.WyethHomes.com
    G-Force Powersports, Pirelli & Sol Performance, CT Racing, Kawasaki, Bell Helmets, TCX Boots, Vortex, Racers Edge, Un!nk Printworks, Motul, Vortex, Rising Sun Cycles, CHR, Attack Performance, NinjaTech

Quote Originally Posted by oldtimer
    Great work Brownie! Superstreet and our new racers have been v successful this year, thanks to how much time and effort you've put into the job. The MRA needs and appreciates people like you who are committed!

(committed to working hard, not coo-coo) 8)
    Amen!

Mark did a great job last year and Jeff has really grabbed the baton and run with it IMO.

2000 Kawaski ZX-12R
    2003 Suzuki SV1000

Junior Member Novice
    goos job Brownie !!!
    I had so much fun
    Why drink and drive when you can smoke and fly

Senior Member Amateur
    I had a lot of fun, can't wait for PPIR! Thanks MRA for getting me hooked!