Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Disasterous Weekend at HPR!!!

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by acrovixen
    Ralph, been there, done that. Remember that very first year of R2SL when some moron #-o thought it would be a good idea to do 200 f***ing laps at Second Creek?! I was pretty much hallucinating by the time I got off the bike - sorry - by the time I got LIFTED off the bike at the end of the day. The only thought going was that I wanted to strangle Hannah Steplewska (Kubiak) for coming out to count me down the last few laps LOL On the upside, I was the only one on the track for the last 30 or so laps - even the corner workers were having BBQ in the pits LOL. Good ol' Tony Baker was peeking over pit wall and making sure I went by every couple of minutes (seriously - I think I was doing 2 minute lap times by the end :roll: ) - thanks Tony! Looking back, probably not the brightest thing I've ever done because I was really zoning out for the last few laps; at least I wasn't putting anyone else at risk as I had the track to myself.
    By the way, I cranked the Wayback Machine up to 11 tonight and dug out the laptime files from the 2004 R2SL event. You did 200 laps on that Friday setting the record for not only the event, but the most laps I've seen anyone ever do in a day. Your fastest time was a 1:26, however you finished with a bunch in the low 1:30's. In fact some of your slower times were earlier in the day, I suspect due to the heat. Really, you maintained quite a consistent pace the entire time despite being unable to speak by the end of it.

Jon Glaefke was the 2nd-up in most laps in a day at 178 total, with a 1:13 fast lap and solid performance in the 1:15-1:17 range.

Sorry for the threadjack, but those who were there are probably smiling.
    MotoLlama Racing
    www.motolla.ma
    www.facebook.com/MotoLlama
    Twitter @MotoLlama
    Llama Schwag! www.cafepress.com/motollama
    #321! Supported by Western Ambulance, ProRT, Chicane Trackdays, Single Track Mind, Rebellion, Vanmar, Wicked Photos, and my family.

Member Amateur
    Cool! Thanks for the stroll down memory lane! That DID bring a smile to my face! Er, not the slow ass lap times, just the whole memory of the day, the intent of the event, and my cool and classy teammates (Donna Turner, Hannah Kubiak and Shana Hyer). Yeah, girl power rocks! :wink:

Thanks Ralph!!
    Lisa (Kary) Clark
    Former MRA #191 and #911 ("I'll be back!!")
    2009 R-6
    2003 SV-650
    2009 CRF-250X

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by DOUBLE A
    Man we should move this to a rules thread or something..lol Poor John everytime we keep posting about Different senarios it's like he gets another finger poked in the eye.
    Why? It was his decision to try and grandstand on this forum and publically abuse a Board member in the process. No one should get to start shit like that and get off easy, the Board members keep this club going and need to be respected regardless of if you agree with their decisions or not. When the Board positions come up each year, if someone isnt happy with the way the club is being run, they should throw their hat in the ring.

JohnGarc
    Maybe you should throw your hat in the mix Clarkeee, instead of being an armchair QB. Oops my bad, its football season. Haha

Senior Member Expert
    A bit tough from 2 states away, but thanks for your support! :roll:

Football is for pussy's who wear pads and helmets anyway :lol:

JohnGarc
    Welcome to America. :lol:

Senior Member Expert
    Yet the wife and I are going back to NZ in a month to watch the Rugby World Cup, you know, a real game 8) Dont worry, one day you Seppo's will harden up and play a real game....nah probably not :lol:

JohnGarc
    Good don't come back u pussy!

Senior Member Expert
    LMAO tough guy when you are two states away huh, kinda like how tough you think you are when you are mouthing off at an official with your helmet on and then act like you were all hot and flustered :lol:

Member Amateur
    Wow, John, poor form! Maybe you can start throwing down the guantlet when YOU carry a number 1 plate on your bike for a couple of seasons... Or even ONE season for that matter... =;

And speaking of "being a pussy" I would be the first to argue (and doubtfully the LAST) that YOU were the one getting your panties in a wad and mouthing off to an official. I've known Ray since he was a corner worker for crying out loud, and a finer sportsman and mediator I have yet to meet. If there was an altercation, I have HIS back - through first hand knowledge of his character, which is backed up by the fact that he didn't call you out on your whiny bullshit of posting and crying on the damn forum... If you were trying to rally the MRA to your "side" in the matter, I'll say: epic fail. You've done nothing more than alienate people and - likely - piss off a few board members. Good luck with the rest of that season. It's pretty hard to be a champion AND a crybaby - for the record.

Holy effing shit, have you got some balls... Try not to fall off or blow your shit up on the track this weekend... W.O.W.
    Lisa (Kary) Clark
    2009 R-6
    2003 SV-650
    2009 CRF-250X

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnGarc
    Good don't come back u pussy!
    I've seen some shit in my time....hell, I've STIRRED some shit in my time...but that is just wrong. Clarkie holds a rather special spot in my life, but you could say that to my worst enemy and I'd still call bullshit.

Respect = NONE for you, Garcia
    The GECCO

You begin your racing career with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.

Member Amateur
    Quote Originally Posted by The GECCO
    Respect = NONE for you, Garcia
    =D> What Glen said....

Glenn, were people always this disrespectful and shitty to each other, or is this something new? Maybe I had my head in the sand a few years ago, but I don't remember people being such mouthy aholes "back in the day..." Pretty sad

And for crying out loud, if you ARE going to talk shit, at least have some skills to back it up 8)
    Lisa (Kary) Clark
    2009 R-6
    2003 SV-650
    2009 CRF-250X

Resident T-Bagger Expert T Baggins's Avatar
    John,

You had a rules violation. You were appropriately reprimanded for it (as were a handful of other riders that weekend).

Take your medicine, and get over it - just like everyone else did.

Assaulting people all over the MRA forums isn't doing much to support your position - and you're starting to look just plain foolish.

Please let it go and put that smile back on your face that we all know and love.
    Tony Baker #21

Sponsored by:
    Vickery Motorsports, Short Bus Race Team, 406 Racing Michelin, Vortex, PitBull, Driven, Third Bridge Wines, Imodium A-D

Quote Originally Posted by T Baggins
    John,

You had a rules violation. You were appropriately reprimanded for it (as were a handful of other riders that weekend).

Take your medicine, and get over it - just like everyone else did.

Assaulting people all over the MRA forums isn't doing much to support your position - and you're starting to look just plain foolish.

Please let it go and put that smile back on your face that we all know and love.
    well said Mr. Baker...well said.
    Louis J Ortiz Jr.
    L & L Racing #23

Mad-Moto, Scorpion EXO, Galfer USA, Sol Performance, Pirelli, Vortex, Uber Wheels Photography.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12