Thread: Arm Pump Solution

Arm Pump Solution

My name is Andy Hofer.
    I am a physical therapist and owner of MX Sports Medicine in Lakewood. MX Sports Medicine is a licensed motorcycle specific physical training and physical therapy company.

I have a treatment for arm pump that has proven to be incredibly effective. I utilize Trigger Point Dry Needling of the forearm muscles.
    For a full explanation and for a complimentary fitness evaluation, please see the website below.

I have many references available from local racers to attest to the effectiveness of this treatment. If you suffer from arm pump, please contact me and we can discuss your options.

www.MXSportsMedicine.com/ArmPump.html

Thank you,
    Andy Hofer PT, MSPT

Senior Member Expert
    does this work for rock climbing as well? i get pretty pumped after a hard climb.
    and stretching right after feels like im gonna rip something

Quote Originally Posted by cromer611
    does this work for rock climbing as well? i get pretty pumped after a hard climb.
    and stretching right after feels like im gonna rip something
    Hello,
    If you look at the mechanism of arm pump, you can see how this treatment applies to any forearm intensive activity. It works great for the arm pump experienced in climbing.
    As my website states,
    The medical term for arm pump is "compartment syndrome". With compartment syndrome tight muscles in the forearm cause veins to collapse under pressure..... (please refer to the website if you desire more of the physiology). The key is to treat the tight muscles, which lead to the increased pressure. The purpose of Trigger Point Needling IS to release tight muscles by treating trigger points which ARE what make muscles tight.
    The result is dramatic. I would be happy to discuss further with you,

Andy

www.MXSportsMedicine.com