Thread: Workers for Porsche Club Race

Senior Member Expert

Workers for Porsche Club Race

Posted for PCA, contact information at the bottom. This is the one actual RACE that the Porsche club does each year.

Attention All Corner Workers:

We are working on staffing the corners for our big club racing event of the year in Colorado. RMR-PCA hosted the very first Club Race for PCA back in the early 1990's and we've hosted an annual race weekend ever since. If you'd like to learn more about Club Racing, here's a good link:

http://www.pca.org/Activities/ClubRacing.aspx

The event this year is again at High Plains Raceway and is on the weekend of August 13th and 14th. We have been blessed in the past to receive support from the fine corner workers from clubs such as the SCCA, RMVR, NASA, RMR-PCA, Lotus, Jaguar, MRA, Corvette and the HPR staff to name a few and we want to offer the opportunity again to enjoy a weekend of good racing, delicious food and drink, goodies and an expense per diem to our racing safety friends. We have quite a few slots available so I wanted you to know our offer so you can get in on the fun:

A per diem of $50 per day paid in cash
    Energy bars to take to the corners
    Bottled water and ice to throw in your coolers
    Lunch ticket
    Beer:30 (adult beverages)
    Banquet ticket (Saturday only)
    Embroidered patch to go on your whites (one per worker)

Keep in mind that we will accept people with little or no corner working experience. We will, of course, need to give priority to the most experienced workers but it sure can't hurt to be on the list. It will be an experience you won't soon forget.

This is our big party of the year and we want to put on a good, safe show so we really need your help. Please reply back to this email to let me know if you can make it. Even if you've let me know in person or by email in the past that you're in, I would appreciate a reply back, preferably with your best phone number, to let me know you're still available. Thanks.

Roger Buswell
    Flag & Communications Chief
    Rocky Mountain Region - Porsche Club of America (RMR-PCA)
    roger@rogerbuswell.com
    303-660-6199 office
    303-594-5459 cell
    The GECCO

You begin your racing career with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.

Member Amateur
    Glenn, Thanks for posting this PCA info. I will be there this weekend and look forward to the 'real' racing action that some of the PCA members can do without the fear of 'passing in the corners penalty' that are ricdiculous to watch. Besides ... when 200thousand dollar porsche club race cars lose it ... well... its really spectucular ! shane-
    shane at 303-459-0413