Thread: Dunlop Tire Contingency Money?

Senior Member Expert

Dunlop Tire Contingency Money?

Hi,

At Pueblo during one of the riders meetings (yup, I attended hehe) the question was asked as to where the tire contingency money stood for Dunlop. The answer was that the MRA board was going to look into it....

Do we have any details or answers yet? I am really hoping to have some money from the first few rounds in the mail before the 4 hour endurance race so I can cash it in instead of Out of Pocket.

Thanks for the 411...
    K
    Kevin #28

'07 Yamaha R6

Senior Member Expert
    Kevin,

Oscar and I are working on making sure that the Dunlop riders get paid.

No details beyond that at this time.

Thanks

Scott
    MRA Expert #69
    Sponsored by: Chicane Instruction
    STM Suspension, Speedin' Motorsports
    Northern Colorado Euro Motorcycles
    Boulder Motorsports, Sol Performance Pirelli
    Angry Marmot Motorsports
    Sarah, Aaron and David

Senior Member Amateur
    If I could, I would like to elaborate on it a little bit for my riders. We have always had an open communication relationship and I want to keep it that way..

As of July 1st, I have been looking into this problem. I sent a message to Dunlop corporate to see if they have received any contingency forms from the MRA. They replied that they have not yet.

Of course, I then went to the MRA and asked if they sent the forms to Dunlop corporate. They said that they did send in the forms to the address that is on the contingency forms. Also, they said they can send them again via express mail.

Dunlop has confirmed that where the MRA is sending the forms is the correct address however they still have not received anything from the MRA.

SO... it seems that the MRA needs to send the forms again to the address they sent them to already..??

On an proactive note, I have asked the MRA if I could take care of contingency myself but I was told that was not possible. Hopefully this can be changed in the future.

I understand this is frustrating to you guys. We are working on getting this resolved sooner rather than later. As most riders are running on Dunlops, this is a very important issue. Some teams, and even single riders, are expecting thousands of dollars in contingency!

Please call or write me with any questions you might have.

Senior Member Amateur
    The first 4 rounds have been resent to Dunlop. Please let me know if you don't see anything by next round.

Also, I will be working with the MRA to make sure your results get sent out promptly after the remaining rounds. I mean literally physically working with them for the rest of the year.

I hope this helps the situation for the dunlop riders and we look forward to helping you guys get the rewards for all your hard work.

As always please let me know if you have questions/comments.

Senior Member Amateur
    JUST got word from dunlop. All 4 rounds have been processed and issued yesterday! As long as no hurricane comes through Colorado we should be golden for next round.

See you guys there!

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by Sol Performance
    All 4 rounds have been processed and issued yesterday! .... we should be golden for next round.
    F*** Yes!!! Woot!
    Kevin #28

'07 Yamaha R6