Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2011 4 Hour Endurance FAQ

President Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by WingsKC
    Had a look thru the rulebook and didn't find any specific info regarding slicks in the endurance race. Are slicks allowed? Thanks in advance
    Yes slicks are allowed. No restrictions on bikes, run what ya brung.
    MRA #29

Junior Member Novice
    Quote Originally Posted by UglyDogRacing
    Had a look thru the rulebook and didn't find any specific info regarding slicks in the endurance race. Are slicks allowed? Thanks in advance
    Thanks for info uglydog. A few of us from KC are coming out to HPR for the 1st time. Wondering how abrasive the track surface is? Would an endurance compound survive 4 hours on a 1K? Any info is appreciated.

President Expert
    Thanks for info uglydog. A few of us from KC are coming out to HPR for the 1st time. Wondering how abrasive the track surface is? Would an endurance compound survive 4 hours on a 1K? Any info is appreciated.
    It is an abrasive surface. My personal experience is that a harder compound that has heat cycled a few times seems to work well on my 1k. What brand do you run? I can get you in touch with the local vendor here and they should be able to help you out more.
    MRA #29

Junior Member Novice
    It is an abrasive surface. My personal experience is that a harder compound that has heat cycled a few times seems to work well on my 1k. What brand do you run? I can get you in touch with the local vendor here and they should be able to help you out more.
    Pirelli or Continental. I sure appreciate the help.

President Expert
    Pirelli or Continental. I sure appreciate the help.
    Continental is handled by Mike Applehans with Hardcore Racing - http://forums.mra-racing.org/viewtopic.php?t=12898

Pirelli is handled by Kory Cowan with Intermountain Racer Supply - http://forums.mra-racing.org/viewtopic.php?t=13302

You will find contact information for both in those posts.
    MRA #29

Is there a reason the website won't let me pay? Al the options on the pay page is greyed out. I'm all for a free ride?
    Randall "Snowman" Turner
    MRA No.427 - Honda CBR600rr Fireblade

Senior Member Amateur
    Pirelli is handled by Kory Cowan with Intermountain Racer Supply - http://forums.mra-racing.org/viewtopic.php?t=13302

You will find contact information for both in those posts.
    Thanks Jim!

As stated we are the local Pirelli tire vendor for the MRA. We will be at the track Friday morning, and have a huge selection of tires on hand. Feel free to come by and say 'HI'. We will be more than willing to help you out with tire and compound selections for the endurance and sprint races.

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowman
    Is there a reason the website won't let me pay? Al the options on the pay page is greyed out. I'm all for a free ride?
    Randall,

Not sure what's up, but I've tested it and it works for me.

The name and everything is highlighted in grey, but I can fill in the fields.

Will post in the admin forum and see if we can get you some assistance that way.

Scott
    MRA Expert #69
    Sponsored by: Chicane Instruction
    STM Suspension, Speedin' Motorsports
    Northern Colorado Euro Motorcycles
    Boulder Motorsports, Sol Performance Pirelli
    Angry Marmot Motorsports
    Sarah, Aaron and David

Resident T-Bagger Expert T Baggins's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowman
    Randall, you're not signed up for any races. That's why you can't pay.

Call me and I'll walk you thru it.

Tony

303-333-4411
    Tony Baker #21

Sponsored by:
    Vickery Motorsports, Short Bus Race Team, 406 Racing Michelin, Vortex, PitBull, Driven, Third Bridge Wines, Imodium A-D

Senior Member Amateur
    so i recall reading that each team will have a spot on the hot pit lane (assuming big enough for one canopy), but i'm wondering, with upwards of 30 teams last year, how is that going to work? will spots be marked and each team has a designated spot or is it first come first serve? can we set up on the hot pit lane on friday while we practice? is there room for all the teams? just curious about the logistics of all that.

also, on the team form, does rider #1 have to be the first rider out and do we have to keep our rider order on that list or is that just for record keeping purposes? with a 3 man team, we may want to mix things up a bit depending on people's level of exhaustion, hydration, air temp, bike issues etc. i'll assume anybody can go out at anytime as long as they have the captain's transponder, right?

mike-

Senior Member Expert
    Mike

You won't be able to set up hot pit during the Friday sessions. At some point on Saturday we'll be announcing that hot pit is open for set up (probably during lunch)

There will be designated, but not assigned spots. What I mean by this is there will be 10' long sections marked off either on the wall or the pavement for teams to set up in. The hot pit area (over the wall) cannot have a canopy on it, but one can be placed behind the wall.

You can run the race in any order you like. We will not be monitoring who is on the bike or for what duration. It is important that each team member have their helmet clearly marked with their OWN rider number in case of an accident so that the ambulance crew knows who they are working on since they may be riding someone elses bike. Please make sure your team knows this and abides by it.

Please let me know if you have any other questions. Looking forward to racing with you!

Scott
    MRA Expert #69
    Angry Marmot Motorsports
    Sarah, Aaron and David

Senior Member Expert

TEAM SIGN UP FORMS

Please follow the link:

Have a member of your team fill it out and send it it. This will make Saturday morning MUCH less painful for our esteemed timing and scoring staff and easier on you too!

http://filezilla.mra-racing.org/file...egisration.pdf
    MRA Expert #69
    Angry Marmot Motorsports
    Sarah, Aaron and David

Senior Member Amateur
    Did I miss the pit speed limit posted somewhere? I read that there would be one, but didn't see the number.
    Tom
    MRA #416

Quote Originally Posted by phildrummond
    Did I miss the pit speed limit posted somewhere? I read that there would be one, but didn't see the number.
    40MPH :roll:
    Ray-Ray Gaimara #16

2011-2013 Track Marshal RETIRED
    2008-2009 VP of Rules and Tech
    1996-2007 Corner worker/Head Corner worker/Airfence Caption

2017 Sponsors - Fun Centers Cycle, Ogio, Sol Performance, Vickery Motorsports

Senior Member Amateur
    Sweet, my average lap pace so I'll just keep it pinned in the pits.
    Tom
    MRA #416

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123