Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2011 4 Hour Endurance FAQ

Senior Member Expert

2011 4 Hour Endurance FAQ

If you picked up a copy of this at the General please note the change regarding pit lane speed limit.

Otherwise please read this for information about the 4-hour endurance race scheduled for the end of this month!

http://filezilla.mra-racing.org/file..._4-hour2.0.pdf
    Now uploaded! and updated 7/25/11

Team Registration Form!

http://filezilla.mra-racing.org/file...egisration.pdf
    MRA Expert #69
    Sponsored by: Chicane Instruction
    STM Suspension, Speedin' Motorsports
    Northern Colorado Euro Motorcycles
    Boulder Motorsports, Sol Performance Pirelli
    Angry Marmot Motorsports
    Sarah, Aaron and David

Senior Member Expert
    In the hot pit lane... where the 1 bike is, can we have an easy up hugging the wall?

Can we have a 2nd easy up between wall and fence in the rocks off of the hot pit for the crew and resting rider?
    Kevin #28

'07 Yamaha R6

Senior Member Amateur
    Is the "baton" referring to a transponder, or will the separate riders be able to use their own transponders during the race?
    Luke, Semi-Expert #199
    2010 Ducati 848, 2005 GSXR1000
    STM Suspension, Sol Performance

Senior Member Expert
    Kevin,

Last year the EZ ups were only allowed behind the wall. The over the wall area is part of the racetrack, so we're going to minimize the amount of "stuff" that's out there.

Scott
    MRA Expert #69
    Angry Marmot Motorsports
    Sarah, Aaron and David

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by random hero
    Is the "baton" referring to a transponder, or will the separate riders be able to use their own transponders during the race?
    Luke,

We're still working out the details on this one. Last year we used a single transponder for the whole team. Chris Dale (king of transpoders) is looking at all of the options for this year. As soon as we know what it's going to be I'll be sure to let everyone know.

Scott
    MRA Expert #69
    Angry Marmot Motorsports
    Sarah, Aaron and David

Senior Member Expert
    Ok, another newb question..... If you have 3 or 4 on a team and you can only have 1 bike on track and 1 on hot pit. How do you get a fresh bike in hot pit from the cold pits? Do we use the emergency entrance that is typically taboo for us to enter hot pit?
    Kevin #28

'07 Yamaha R6

Senior Member Expert
    Great question Kevin -

That is what we did last year and it seemed to work well. Most teams just moved their bikes and then put them on warmers on the hot pit with a small generator.

s
    MRA Expert #69
    Angry Marmot Motorsports
    Sarah, Aaron and David

Senior Member Amateur
    It says there is a pit speed limit this year. Do you guys know what it will be?

Senior Member Expert
    Kory,

Not sure yet - Ray is going to set that up and we'll announce it along with some of the other minor details on the forums as soon as we know.

Thanks

Scott
    MRA Expert #69
    Angry Marmot Motorsports
    Sarah, Aaron and David

Jim 'smooth' Brewer
    Quote Originally Posted by rybo
    We're still working out the details on this one. Last year we used a single transponder for the whole team. Chris Dale (king of transpoders) is looking at all of the options for this year. As soon as we know what it's going to be I'll be sure to let everyone know.
    For those of us on a team using a single bike, can we request that the "baton" be something we don't have to mess with.

Single bike teams and the solo riders will have complicated pit stops with refueling so more complication will add more of a penalty.

I would hope a single transponder would at least be an option.

Senior Member Amateur
    Rybo,
    Have a buddy coming in from Oklahoma, he did the school @ the first of the year but didn't purchase his license. What does the 1 weekend license cost, and does he fill out the same application that's located on the "MRA Forms" page? Should he mail it in, being the event is 2 weeks away, fax it, or just take care of it that Friday?
    Luke, Semi-Expert #199

Senior Member Expert
    Luke,

With the transition to the 501C7 we no longer are allowed to have a "day" license or "weekend license". As such, in his case we will permit him to race by having an associate membership and proving his credentials for racing. If he took our race school then we have documentation of it.

Please have him print out and send the membership application to me and check the "associate member" box.

Please make sure that he fills out the medical info page and the release as well.

Thank you!
    MRA Expert #69
    Angry Marmot Motorsports
    Sarah, Aaron and David

Senior Member Expert
    Hi, I saw this in the attached PDF but wasn't sure if we have a target date as to when it will be visible online to add to our pre entry.

Quote Originally Posted by pdf
    Entry for 2011 will be handled online through the online pre-entry system. The pricing will be edited for
    this one time event. Cost per rider in 2011 is $75. Riders competing in multiple endurance classes will
    need to enter for both races as usual, however there will be no additional charge for the second class.
    Coming soon to an online forum near you will be the team entry forms which can be filled out in advance.

My other question is can we pay now online for our 4 regular races, then pay again online for round 5 for the 4 hr later? Or once we pay for that round we are locked out from adding?
    Kevin #28

'07 Yamaha R6

Senior Member Amateur
    I am running my 250 in the 4 hour endurance race, do i sign up for "Solo Endurance Lightweight" or the "solo endurance open" or are we waiting for another tab to be created?
    thanks!
    Ex500-retired SuperStreet bike
    EX250R...ex500 had too much power.
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Sponsors
    My wife

Mohammer Time! Expert

Member Amateur
    speaking of points. How will 4 Hr. endurance points be scored for the season standings in our normal class?

Senior Member Expert
    Last year we had a qualifying session to determine starting position. Are we doing this again this year?
    Imperial Sportbikes | Performance Cycle | Galfer | Factory Effex | Motorex | AXO | Racer Gloves USA | | Woodcraft | Armour Bodies | Driven

President Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by COS Mille
    speaking of points. How will 4 Hr. endurance points be scored for the season standings in our normal class?
    36 points

Quote Originally Posted by jplracing
    Last year we had a qualifying session to determine starting position. Are we doing this again this year?
    Yes
    MRA #29

Resident T-Bagger Expert T Baggins's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KFinn
    Hi, I saw this in the attached PDF but wasn't sure if we have a target date as to when it will be visible online to add to our pre entry.

Quote Originally Posted by pdf
    Entry for 2011 will be handled online through the online pre-entry system. The pricing will be edited for
    this one time event. Cost per rider in 2011 is $75. Riders competing in multiple endurance classes will
    need to enter for both races as usual, however there will be no additional charge for the second class.
    Coming soon to an online forum near you will be the team entry forms which can be filled out in advance.

My other question is can we pay now online for our 4 regular races, then pay again online for round 5 for the 4 hr later? Or once we pay for that round we are locked out from adding?
    You can add or subtract and pay for any classes up to the point that online entry closes. If you add you have to go in and pay for those even if you've already paid for the usual classes previously.
    Tony Baker #21

Sponsored by:
    Vickery Motorsports, Short Bus Race Team, 406 Racing Michelin, Vortex, PitBull, Driven, Third Bridge Wines, Imodium A-D

Senior Member Amateur
    Forgive my ignorance but i still have no clue as to what race to sign up for.
    i assume i am signing up for the "solo" endurance race, but for the 250 class do i sign up for lightweight, open, etc....
    i dont care about points as i miss far to many races during the season due to work, i just want to sign up appropriately.
    thank you
    Sponsors
    My wife

Senior Member Expert
    If you are doing solo then yes sign up for solo, the 2friskies would be in lightweight.

Senior Member Amateur
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartman
    If you are doing solo then yes sign up for solo, the 2friskies would be in lightweight.
    Much appreciated!
    Sponsors
    My wife

Senior Member Amateur
    I hate to be the ass who asks 40000 questions. How does this work registering?? Do we just register online like we would for any other weekend? Where do we register our team, and the name which is so important in an event like this.... :lol:

Again, sorry for so many questions... just trying to get things straightened out
    Luke, Semi-Expert #199

Quote Originally Posted by random hero
    I hate to be the ass who asks 40000 questions. How does this work registering?? Do we just register online like we would for any other weekend? Where do we register our team, and the name which is so important in an event like this.... :lol:

Again, sorry for so many questions... just trying to get things straightened out
    Luke,

Just register online like you normally do. You will be charged $75. We will have forms for you to fill out Saturday morning for team information.

Hope that helps...

Ray-Ray
    Ray-Ray Gaimara #16

2011-2013 Track Marshal RETIRED
    2008-2009 VP of Rules and Tech
    1996-2007 Corner worker/Head Corner worker/Airfence Caption

2017 Sponsors - Fun Centers Cycle, Ogio, Sol Performance, Vickery Motorsports

Senior Member Amateur
    What is the raceday schedule for round 5? Any changes to the day other then dropping the SS class and adding the 4 hour? Will all the other practices and classes run as normal?

MRA #888 Triumph 675.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast