Quote Originally Posted by T Baggins
IMHO, the food last year was much better than it was the last two times at Trail Dust. If you heard it was crap, you must have heard it from Lurch. Keep calling it crap though, and you'll see what shows up on your plate. :twisted:

Understand that we're not simply paying for a meal. We get exclusive, no holds barred, total access to the place with a stage, sound system, etc... - and we get to run the entire program. Try that at Morton's.

Or we could go quasi-white trash... My neighbor's got a huge indoor arena. Maybe we could get some space heaters and then have a decent caterer bring some grubbins? Then when we get drunk we can try to screw their goats. :shock: Ha ha (or should I say "Baaa Baaaa")

Truly it amazes me that a group of people who will pay $12 a gallon for race gas, and spend between $500 and $1000 a weekend to race won't spend a hundred bucks to celebrate our sport, camraderie and champions. I'll pay my own way this year - just so nobody can pin the "comped" label on me.

Maybe I'll just tack it on to the membership fee for next year, and then the banquet is included with membership in 2007. Do I hear a "second"?
Honestly I never heard that from Lurch but quite a few other racers, ops: