OK Gang, I have tentatively reserved the Summit Events Center (same as last year) for the banquet. The Banquet will be Saturday evening, January 13, 2007.

Here's where I need some feedback. In the past, the club sells tickets to the banquet 'at cost', meaning the club makes no profit on them. We comp tickets for a lot of staff, corner workers, ambulance crews, trophy sponsors, etc, the club has traditionally absorbed these costs and lost money on the banquet. In the past he club has been financially healthy enough that this wasn't a problem.

I have been saying for a while now that the drop in entries, increase in expenses and the $50k investment in the new track have all taken their toll on the clubs finances. I would like to avoid the club absorbing so much of the banquet costs this year if possible.

We have two options -

1) A normal banquet, just like last year. Ticket prices would increase over last year in order to absorb some of the costs of the comped tickets. I am guessing they would be ~$50 per person ($40 last year), possibly more.

2) A 'pot luck' banquet. It would be held at the same place. The Summit would provide all the plates, silverware, napkins, etc, and have a cash bar. The MRA members would bring all the food and non-alcoholic beverages. The cost for this would be about ~$15 per person.

So, tell me what you want to do!