Thread: 2007 Daytona 675 parts

Member Novice

2007 Daytona 675 parts

After a lowside at PPIR last weekend I am in need of some parts for an '07 Daytona 675:

-Front intake assembly
    -Rearsets (preferably Woodcraft w/ GP shift)
    -Clutch cover assembly

Also, the steering bump-stop tab (part of the frame) on the underside of the front intake assembly broke off, anyone have any ideas for that?

Thanks in advance!

Kevin

Hey Kevin,
    I bet you could find all that stuff on www.Triumph675.net.
    Or there is a place over on the southside of town that parts out bikes (mostly european stuff) that I've got a few pieces from. Check out http://www.imperialsportbikes.com/
    They have an ebay store, but if you contact them they'll sell stuff to you without ebay and usually cheaper. Let me know if there's anything else I can help you with.
    carl
    http://wolfbrigade217.blogspot.com/
    2014 VP of Rules & Tech
    MRA#217
    Th'ink Tank Tattoo, The Walnut Room, Rocky Mountain Kawasaki, STM Suspension, Sol Performance, Pirelli, Speedmetal, BloodNickel, MadMoto, Puma, Woodcraft, Armor Bodies, VonZipper, and
    Lacy

Senior Member Expert
    Hey Kevin. This is Dennis. I chated with you sat and I don't have that clutch cover available. Sorry. The steering tab always breaks off, you can look into the SES steering stop plate kit on Triumphracesupport.com I think. If you buy that one or make one like it yourself you may be able to fasten the air intake to it and not have to replace the intake tube. Foothills Triumph here in Denver can order almost anything in for you, and will take good care of you. Also make sure to relax you fork tubes in the triple clamps to make sure they aren't clamped with a slight twist to each other. Very common after a crash. You have my number. Call me if you need anything. Triumph675.net forum has lots of goodies available.
    Dennis Stowers MRA #151
    2021-2023 MRA BoD Rider Representative - Rulebook
    Absolute Moto-Michelin
    Speedin' Motorsports

Member Novice
    Thanks for all the help guys. Found some cheap rearsets on Triumph675.net and Foothills is hooking me up with the intake tube.

All four bolt tabs on the intake tube were busted so I couldnt really do much with it unfortunately. Oh well.

One more question, I have starting looking at transponders and I guess I could read the rulebook to see if I could answer my own question but I figured this would be faster, is there a particular transponder that the MRA uses? I have seen a lot for sale on the forums for $300-400. What price is reasonable to pay for one?

Thanks again in advanced, I appreciate all the help.

Kevin

Member Novice
    I got a used transponder on ebay for $300 shipped. I wouldn't spend too much more than that for a used one. I've seen some on the Wera forums for less, so that's a good place to check. Looking at ebay now, there are several rechargeable and direct wire ones:

http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_from=R4...All-Categories
    Jeremy Widmann
    MRA #990
    Sol Performance - Pirelli, Leo Vince, Honda, Syndicate

Senior Member Amateur
    I believe the Transponder model you need is a AMB Tranx260 if I'm not mistaken? I'm looking for one myself. $300 seems to be the going price for a used one from what I have seen.

Can someone confirm this is the correct model?

Senior Member Amateur
    Quote Originally Posted by widmannj
    Looking at ebay now, there are several rechargeable and direct wire ones:

http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_from=R4...All-Categories
    Just FYI to anyone looking at the transponders on eBay. There are a bunch on there for sale right now. They are listed at $290 with a buy it now for $320. I just emailed the guy and none of these come with a charger so be aware of that if you look at them. He said they used a multi unit charger.

Member Novice
    Yeah, the one you're looking for is the AMB Tranx260. I have the hard wire version and it works great. I think there are 2 on ebay right now.
    Jeremy Widmann
    MRA #990
    Sol Performance - Pirelli, Leo Vince, Honda, Syndicate

Senior Member Expert
    No association, but try hitting this guy up:

http://www.utahsba.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=14679
    Boulder Motor Sports - RhinoMoto - American Express

Member Amateur
    The WERA forum just had one pop up a couple minutes ago. It will probably go fast at $250 though.

http://weraclassifieds.com/ads/amb-transponder-5/

Member Novice
    Thanks for the transponder info guys! I really appreciate it.

Another question: Anyone have any recommendations on race bodywork fasteners? Can you buy bad fasteners or are they all ok?

Thanks again in advance!

Kevin

Senior Member Expert
    Probolt fasteners are the best I think
    http://www.probolt-usa.com/
    Martin J. #73 - Motoforza Racing Team
    Motoforza bodywork www.motoforzafairings.com

Cell: 303-518-5650
    http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/k...gpic3918_6.jpg

Member Novice
    Having never used DZUS style fasteners before, are the backing clips (slide or rivet) helpful or necessary?

Senior Member Amateur
    Quote Originally Posted by KevEd614
    Having never used DZUS style fasteners before, are the backing clips (slide or rivet) helpful or necessary?
    Not sure exactly what you mean but DZUS fasters have a backing plate that you rivot to your fairings (the inside piece). Thats what the twist fasteners lock down to.

Member Novice
    Looking at probolts options, they use a "Grippa" washer that secures the fastener. They also offer two more options:
    1) a backing plate that slides onto the fairing
    or
    2) a backing plate that rivets to the fairing.

Senior Member Amateur
    Quote Originally Posted by KevEd614
    Looking at probolts options, they use a "Grippa" washer that secures the fastener. They also offer two more options:
    1) a backing plate that slides onto the fairing
    or
    2) a backing plate that rivets to the fairing.
    Oh, I know what you are talking about now. I have seen those backing plates that just slide on before. I have the rivot type on mine. They were easy to install and I don't have to worry about losing them or having them move out of place when putting the fairings on..

On my DZUS fasteners the fastener portion is held on by a split washer/spring clip type of washer on the inside. never had any issue with it.

Senior Member Expert
    I use only the rivet style, works better I think then the slide on plate.

I use Probolt for 3 years now, great company!
    Martin J. #73 - Motoforza Racing Team
    Motoforza bodywork www.motoforzafairings.com

Cell: 303-518-5650
    http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/k...gpic3918_6.jpg

Member Novice
    I'll look for the rivet style then, sounds like those work well. Thanks!

I got woodcraft rearsets with GP shift in the mail today. They look perfectly fine out of the box, however when I tried to mount them, the brake pivot bolt head contacts the swingarm. The stock rearsets seem to angle slightly away from the bike to give this clearance, but the Woodcraft don't. Any of you 675 guys using Woodcraft had this problem?

The more I look into it, it appears as though I did not get all the necessary hardware (I bought them used). Are there some spacers between the mounting bolts and the frame?

Also, does these rearsets with the GP shift use a shorter shift rod than stock?

Thanks!

Kevin

Senior Member Amateur
    I have Gilles set up for GP on mine but I think the shift arrangement is the same as the woodcraft? It should have come with a linkage pivot piece and a shorter shift rod for GP shift?

Senior Member Expert
    There are spacers between frame and woodcraft bracket. The shift rod is shorter than stock. The shifter pedal is different from woodcraft standard shift and GP shift. I have both sets complete so I took some pics for you. Here is the album https://picasaweb.google.com/aprecis...eat=directlink
    Dennis Stowers MRA #151
    2021-2023 MRA BoD Rider Representative - Rulebook
    Absolute Moto-Michelin
    Speedin' Motorsports

Member Novice
    Yeah, I have the GP pivot link just no spacers or shorter shift rod. Grrr, hopefully he'll send me the parts I am missing,.

Thanks guys.